cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Order failed for TV package offer

My TV package of £8 per month for Now and Netflix was coming to an end and I received a personalised offer for the same package at £12 per month which I ordered on 18/04/24. Unbeknownst to me that order failed, and it was only on checking my bill that I saw that  I am being charged the standard £20 per month. I can get Now for £6.99 and Netflix for £4.99 directly from the providers so I contacted BT last week to explain what had happened and to ask for the £12 offer to be applied again.

Annoyingly, they seemed to doubt me when I said I had been given an offer of £12 but said they would look into it and get back to me but so far they have not.

What do I do to either get the £12 offer or cancel the £20 so that I can go directly to Now and Netflix?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Order failed for TV package offer

If it was me I would phone and select the cancel option and then at that stage tell them you'll stay if you get the original offer that you had by email and see if you can barter with them. 

The problem is if your outwith your 14 day cooling off period you may be stuck with it. I would hope that the customer service agent didn't not use that as a tactic. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you, I will try that today.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If there was no ( new) successful  order then it is probable that at the end of your minimum term. (Ie when the two years was up)  you would move to a rolling 30 day contract charged at the standard (ie no discounts) price.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes, you are right, that's what it was. I phoned them up (again!) and have now got an acceptable price. Thanks.

0 Ratings