cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 50

Prime video crashing after 1 minute

Hi, 

I have an issue with Prime Video app in that it crashes after 1 minute and takes me back to main menu. I have tried all previous advice given, ie restart router and factory reset tv box.

Please can you let me know if there is anything else I can do to get the problem resolved.

0 Ratings
49 REPLIES 49
Message 2 of 50

Re: Prime video crashing after 1 minute

Janecfc

You are not alone in this. I have been experiencing the same problem for a while now.

I have spent many an hour or so, talking to the online chat. Trying all the "fixes" that BT suggest. All to no avail.

Last week, I was sent a new box, which I was assured would fix the issue. It did not, and now I am awaiting a call from the offline "experts", who, I have been told, will fix it.

I am not holding my breath.

As I say, you are not alone. Have faith. ha ha ha.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 50

As a counter I been watching Prime Video all morning today on my 4000T with no problem.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 50

Hello @brimar  and @Janecfc - sorry to hear about your issues with Amazon Prime on the BT TV Box. 

I'm not sure that I'm an offline expert but if you could you drop me a PM with details of your TV box serial numbers and if possible answers to some / all of the following to help direct the investigation - any more info would be helpful but not essential.

When did the problem happen Approx date / time 
Has the issue happened more than once? approx how many times, has it got worse recently?
Does the app load and the main menu appear?  
When does the app crash? e.g. On loading / during navigation / on a play request / during playing content
When the app crashes, where does the box navigate to? EG main menu, TV channel etc Any other comments or observations would be super helpful

appreciate your help.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 50

Thanks for your reply but I have now cancelled my Prime membership.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 50

Hello David_H

Box is : Humax DTRT2100

Variant : 84B08500

S/No.   : +080753+2048512856

The problem started some time ago. I can"t remember exactly. But, it"s a while.

It happens EVERY time I try to watch live sport, or, a film. It has got worse recently. The APP loads, but it takes an age. It sometimes starts with the sound. No picture! Then maybe the picture loads, sometimes not. If the picture loads, some times it crashes immediately. Some times it will play for a few minutes, and then crash. When it crashes, it goes back to the page with the APPs.

If I stream "Prime" on another device, it works perfectly.

Hope this is of some use. 

Brimar

Message 7 of 50

I am also having this problem with Amazon Prime. I can watch it on my tablet and my laptop but not on my TV via the BT box. I have most recently been trying to watch Jack Ryan. It sometimes crashes up to 5 or 6 times during play back, it goes back to the app screen so you select again, sometimes it buffers for ages and restart with sound and no picture or vice versa. You dare not try to pause or rewind once its on a roll, it just freezes all over again and you are back to square one. All other apps work fine, with the exception of ITV hub which also occasionally just drops out. The Amazon one is the most frustrating. Is it Amazon or BT set top which is the problem?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 50

To me, it’s the BT box. I can stream “prime” on all my other devices. It’s just the BT box that I have problems with.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 50

Yes same for me, I am new to this community, do I have to log this separately or do these threads get looked at?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 50

Hi @Sedgy and thanks for posting. You can add any info here and I'll add it to our ongoing investigation.

We have had several reports from Humax DTRT2100/G4 customers now and have a ticket open with Youview and engagement with Amazon to help drive the triage and investigation.

In addition to the items I listed previously, another thing that will help us is the Amazon Device ID for the box - you can get that from inside the Amazon Prime app by left clicking to see the menu, then selecting "Contact Us" -the DID is on the right hand side as shown below from a test box:

Amazon DIDAmazon DID

Please note - the DID is a unique ID for your box, so please don't share on the thread , but please send to me as a PM in the 1st instance and that we can then check with Amazon where possible.

thanks

David

0 Ratings