cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 52

Re: Prime video crashing after 1 minute

Hi @brimar, thanks for the very helpful details and serial info which I've added to our active investigation. When you stream Prime from the other device, is that to the same TV? Thanks, David
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 52

Hello David_H.

YES. I stream my other device through the same TV.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 52

To be honest I first encountered this months ago, may be even last year.  It was when I was trying to access films. It is only more recently I have been trying to access the seasons of Jack Ryan that it has become particularly annoying.

It goes like this, click on Amazon App it is extremely slow responding and if you click something else with impatience, it registers it and might do it randomly, later. When you find the program to continue watching , again very slow response times, sometimes it buffers and then plays for a few minutes, sometimes up to 20 mins, then it can either buffer for ages then fail and revert back to the app screen or just stop and go back to the app screen. After this has happened about 5 or 6 times, you give up and go to bed!!!

For this reason I tend to use other apps instead, which I have no problem with. I hope this adds weight to getting the issue looked at and between Amazon and BT I hope you can get it sorted.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 52

Hello sedgy.

Your description echo's mine EXACTLY. AND, we are not alone. I am in touch with a BT TV " expert"  about this issue, and am hoping that it will be sorted eventually.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 52

Yes I have messaged David H with the other details he asked for....fingers crossed
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 52

I was streaming the Wales v England rugby from the weekend this morning and the commentary was a few seconds behind the picture. Mind this was both on my Youview box and also the same when I tried on my Chromecast dongle which suggests an encoding problem at Prime Video Central. Did not notice the same yesterday with the Scotland game nor with an episode of The Grand Tour I also watched today.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 52

I don"t even attempt to watch the rugby through the TV box. I watch it on my computer ( Apple ). As for the encoding problem. That"s a bit beyond me knowledge I'm afraid. But it may help in the BT Investigation. I'll pass it on. Thank's.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 52

Hi, some changes were made last night that should see improved stability in the Amazon Prime app on the Humax devices.   

We would appreciate any updates on whether you are now seeing improvements in overall use, and thanks to everyone who has helped by reporting on this thread.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 52

Watched the Ireland v Italy game from the weekend this morning and the audio sync was fine as far as I could tell (need a talking head to properly check to the split second which you don't get from a sports event commentary).
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 52

Hello David.     Earlier, I watched, about 30 mins of a film, and am now watching LIVE tennis from Canada.

This is a definite improvement. Although it took an absolute age to load, and navigate through the pages, it has not crashed as yet. Hopefully, you are on the right track!

0 Ratings