cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Pro Box IP Mode: Missing channels 1-4

Go to solution

I've just dug my Pro Box out of storage after 18 months whilst I've been a Sky Stream customer as I'm not going to pay the nearly 25% uplift Sky wanted even after haggling just to keep Sky Sports in UHD.

Now ideally I'd like to use it for the Now App/Freeview channels over IP particularly as ITVX seems to only stream live channels in 25FPS.

When I plugged it in only TNT Sports SD  (I don't have the HD add on as I use D+)  worked so  I've done a factory reset and now I've got most of the channels but I'm missing BBC 1/2 ITV1 and C4.  Channel 5 is there as are channels like BBC 3/4, ITV 2/3/4 etc. but not the main 4 and the EPG starts at Channel 5.

Is this a technical issue, a limitation with my subscription or something I've missed whilst being out of the loop through the whole BT to EE transition?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Pro Box IP Mode: Missing channels 1-4

Go to solution

Probably need advice from the EE TV people. Those missing channels are ones which would have different National/regional variants.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Has it definatly switched to IP mode?  The symptom you describe is more like a weak signal in aerial mode.

If in IP mode it may be that the box needs re-linking to your account if it has been off for so long.

@tweetSP0RTwrote:

I've just dug my Pro Box out of storage after 18 months whilst I've been a Sky Stream customer as I'm not going to pay the nearly 25% uplift Sky wanted even after haggling just to keep Sky Sports in UHD.

Now ideally I'd like to use it for the Now App/Freeview channels over IP particularly as ITVX seems to only stream live channels in 25FPS.

When I plugged it in only TNT Sports SD  (I don't have the HD add on as I use D+)  worked so  I've done a factory reset and now I've got most of the channels but I'm missing BBC 1/2 ITV1 and C4.  Channel 5 is there as are channels like BBC 3/4, ITV 2/3/4 etc. but not the main 4 and the EPG starts at Channel 5.

Is this a technical issue, a limitation with my subscription or something I've missed whilst being out of the loop through the whole BT to EE transition?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks both, it is definitely in IP mode. It was the England womens game on ITV4 that prompted me to dig it out when I discovered the ITVX framerate issue and ITV4 HD and all the other IP HD channels were there.  

It was obviously some sort of account issue I've just turned it on and it said some channels need retuning and I got the option to select my region and then I had  'You need to set up  XXXXX or add it to your package' message on those 4 channels' clicking ok on one fixed it and they're working now. 

I've got a second region working as well on 800/801, I'm actually in an area where over the air I can pick up 4 regions (West/South West/South and Wales)  but two is fine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@tweetSP0RT  I suspect it is not an account issue but rather down to how EE TV determine which region/country freetoair to provide to you via the EPG. That decision logic may have have been refined/updated over the lengthy period that your box was inactive/unconnected leaving you without apparent access to a particular set of options relevant to where you are. Your subsequent retuning or reset identified the choices relevant to your location now so they then appeared in the EPG.  New IP channels (to you) in the EPG  often require a one off setup action when you first access them. 

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, yeah it's been so long since I've even looked at the box, I'd forgotten what the setup process is like (and hadn't even see the new EE look).  At least it's sorted now ahead of my notice period with Sky ending.

Ideally I'd have liked to have had a one box solution using my Apple TV but ITV X made that impossible and from what I can see you can't get the full range of channels via the EE TV (tvOS) app unless you got the Apple TV from them as well or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
The TV Box uses your IP address to look up your BT account, to find your postcode. That postcode is then mapped to one or more TV regions.
In your case, your box failed to call in to get the postcode - I'm not sure why. It successfully called in 2 hours after your original post, and was offered West or South - they're the only regions registered at your address.

Glad it sorted itself though.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @DarrenDev yeah those are the only two regions I'd really expect to get to be honest.

I'm right on the boundary of the West/South region but can usually pick up the other two althought the Welsh channels including S4C are only ever the SD variants.

0 Ratings