cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Pro Box knackered?

Go to solution

My Pro box is now stuck on the purple start up screen with BT TV wrote across it. I've tried all the recovery methods and troubleshooting tips on the various BT support and community pages. I did manage to get the Maintenance Mode screens up but once I press any of the available options the box returns to its frozen state of purple screen.

Any chance a mod might be able to pick this up for me please???? I'm at my wits end with the new football season fast approaching.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pro Box knackered?

Go to solution

The mods are a small team & will only get involved if other avenues fail. I'd suggest calling as it'll likely be resolved much quicker that way

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I would speculate that your box is not succeeding in accessing its hard drive and if all the maintenance mode process are also failing then not a lot can be done to recover. So  I agree calling in and reporting the fault would be your best course of action.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@zulu17  I think you're probably right. Will call tomorrow and see how I get on.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I had a lovely conversation with a very 'pleasant' person in Newcastle 🤣🤣 Upshot is, no new box. She told me I needed an engineer out as they don't mail them out because they are so expensive. I queried when this expensively ridiculous policy changed, to be told it was always thus. I told her not to bother as I've had my fill waiting in all day for engineers who never turn up.

I asked her how come a moderator on here was able to have my last replacement box mailed out, along with a returns bag for my old knackered box. She said she knew what she was doing and the mod who helped me out was wrong to do so as they weren't allowed to. I told her I know of others who have very recently had replacement Pro boxes mailed out and she said that wasn't true. With that, and while I was still chatting to her, she said her goodbyes and hung up.

So, a wee lesson for the mods from the call centre guys, learn how to do your job properly 🤣🤣

0 Ratings