Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 33

Problem since change to EE

Go to solution

Good evening,

I wonder if you can help? 
We have a BT youview box and have programmed the hand control from BT to be the only control we need to operate our LG smart TV. All perfect, no problems, recording, catch up, apps, all fine.
Until.....BT changed to EE and now suddenly, when I switch on, the initial screen showing various apps and data just sits there for a good five mins or so? Nothing I press will move it on. Then, in its own good time, it clears and we are good to go. Any ideas?
Many thanks
0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Re: Problem since change to EE

Go to solution

I wonder if the EE software update changed your power management setting?

You can access this setting from the home page by pressing the BT button on the remote handset, the recommended setting is "Smart"

Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

Sounds like your box needs a refresh after its software was updated. Presumably you have a 'Youview' ex-BT TV box?

If you are confident with tech, follow the instructions on this web page for maintenance mode on a Humax DTR-T2000, and the option for 'Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings'. Takes a while to work through and the box needs to be connected to the internet throughout.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

This does a full refresh on the box software whilst protecting your existing recordings.  Be careful to pick the right option in maintenance mode or you could wipe everything. You'll need to re-enter your settings and app passwords after the refresh is complete.

Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

The screen is frozen now, this is what I get sorry it won't let me post, the file is too large it says but basically frozen screen and for the past ten minutes....one moment please smart service will be available shortly?! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @jeanjeanie2 

From you description I am unclear whether the frozen screen i is displaying TV messages or a frozen screen from the EE TV bOX or a combination of displays from both. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

I would say both. I am going to try to re set they system to 'smart' as described earlier, if I can, I am not tech savvy 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

Perhaps as an experiment  consider switching the TV on directly first  before  starting the EE TV box. Ie does the TV start and load in normal time when the EE TV Box is not active. Then start the Tv box and see if the you get the same issues as before .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

I'm starting to wonder if the EE update is a bit of a red herring.

Some of the earlier boxes, specifically the 2100, suffered a lot with failing/failed hard disk drives, it a was pretty common fault.

Do you know which box you have ?

You can check at EE TV boxes | Compare the different boxes we offer | BT Help if you're not sure

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution

I think @Les-Gibson  you may be confusing the T2100 range with the first generation T1000 range.  Even then YouView did report that the numbers of  HDD problems with those models were within the industry norm.

0 Ratings