cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 40

Purple Screen

When waking my BT TV Pro box from standby, I am often presented with a purple screen on the TV. The only way I can get rid of this is by holding the BT button for 3 seconds so that the box restarts itself. This takes a long time and also ruins any recordings in progress.

Is this a known issue?

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

Re: Purple Screen

I haven't seen anyone else report this issue. Could be worthwhile swapping the HDMI cable because it doesn't sound like it's handshaking properly 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 40

Hi @Dale88 

I still experience this at times  when using the BT TV Pro box with a Samsung TV.

I normally try to overcome it by switching the TV to another HDMI source  watching that for a  brief time and  then back to the Bt Tv box pro. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 40

It happened to me on Monday this week, first time since getting the Pro box 10 in August. A soft reboot cured it, although will try Zulu’s suggestion first if it happens again

In a similar way, if you get the ‘blank screen’ when changing channels, instead of going straight for a reboot, try first going up (or down) a channel, wait a couple of secs for that to come up, then go back to the channel you want to watch, usually ‘cures’ it

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 40

I also get this exact problem very frequently, I cannot believe that nobody else does and it is a real pain.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 40

I frequently get a purple screen when switching BT TV on. It takes a lot of switching on and off to finally get it on and any recording programmes are stopped. This is becoming so frustrating am considering going back to SKY TV.

Any ideas as to the cause please and how to rectify please?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 40

Make sure your HDMI cable is FULLY seated in the sockets at both ends or is not loose, and there is nothing causing the cable to be pulled away from the socket. If the cable has been moved or knocked at any time it may have become ‘off centre’ in the socket causing one or more pins to not be making contact. Separate HDMI cables as far as possible away from mains or other cables, being careful if you move them to check the sockets again. If possible try another cable as slight variations in the plug size might make a better fit in the socket

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 40

Thank you Gareth will certainly give that a try.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 40

I have had this problem on and off and to be perfectly honest i think these boxes are rubbish. i have changed HDMI cable swapped ports on my Samsung TV but it still happens. Even tried online chat waste of time they didn't understand the issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 40

Had this happen quite a few times on LG and Samsung TV’s, I switch off and unplug power to BT box to cure it. Mainly seems to happen if the TV has been off for a couple of days.

0 Ratings