cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Big Sport

Go to solution

I am interested in the Big Sport package. I currently have Sky Sports (with the HD add-on) and separately TNT Sport through BT (no HD add-on):

1) As I understand it, with Big Sport none of the sports channels (TNT or Sky) are in HD. As far as I can see, only the Full Works package includes this.
  a) Can you still watch TNT Sport in HD through the Discovery+ app?
  b) Can you upgrade to HD with the add-ons for TNT Sport HD and NOW Boost or is that reserved for Full Works only?

2) A recordable box is included. Does this record the NOW Sports channels, I have not come across any other platforms where NOW can be recorded?

3) It's recommended to connect the box to a TV aerial. Does the box have an aerial out port so that you can still connect the aerial to the TV?

4) It's a flexible package allowing you to switch monthly between packages. Can you manage all of this online?

5) I assume that none of the packages (including Full Works) will include the Sky HD add-on channels such as E4 and More4 (except Sky Arts)?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Big Sport

Go to solution

1a - Yes.

1b - Yes a single HD add on for £6pm will get you all of the Sports channels( both Sky &TNT) in HD plus UHD and UHD HDR for TNT Sports ( subject to your line speed being 44mbps or more).

2 - Yes, it’s one of the USPs of EETV at the moment.

3 -  IP mode is an option whereby all channels are received over the internet. This is not as many channels as via your aerial, however.

4- Yes via MyBT.

5 Correct. That is the case even if you have your box set up in IP mode at the moment.

You will probably save money by going for the Big Sport package compared with what you’re paying at present. However, I anticipate that some or all of the EETV packages will be on some sort of special offer around the end of this month, beginning of next month. So it might be worth holding fire for a while.

Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks for the very quick response.

1b) That's good. Will I be able to see that £6 option and add it to my basket when I order the package?

3) So I won't be able to connect the aerial to my TV (as well), if I connect it to the box?

Thanks for the tip, I will wait until the end of the month, beginning of next.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

1b - Yes it should be there.

3 Yes you will if you want to. The Pro tv box does have an aerial out port. You have to opt for aerial or IP mode you can’t have both. However your subscription channels are always delivered by internet regardless.

Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

IPTV will give you better pictures of those channels on IPTV - but some channels in aeriel mode are lost if you switch to IPTV (Talking Pictures, That's TV to name but two).

You have to choose yourself if you want quantity or quality.

If your tv has Freeview then if you don't want to record the missing Box Pro channels then you can opt for the best of both worlds.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

My TV has Freeview (but limited reception) and it can record to a USB drive. So it just depends whether or not I can receive the missing channels on my Freeview. Unless they are reasonably mainstream, it's unlikely I watch them. Is there a list anywhere of the missing channels?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

There is a list of the channels you do get at https://www.bt.com/help/tv/guide/ip-freeview-guide 

Chances are those you can't receive on your tv will also not show up on the EEtv box in aerial mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

There are offers available on a couple of the EETV packages from today. Unfortunately Big Sport isn’t one of them as it’s only for the Sport and Full Works packages.

Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

What's to stop you from subscribing to Full Works and then switching to Big Sport after 3 months when the offer ends? That save's £60.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Yes, you could certainly do that as a new EETV customer. Once you’ve swapped over to Big Sport you will then pay the current standard price for whichever package you may be on for the remainder of the contract and won’t be eligible for any further offers. Strictly speaking you would be saving over £200 ( £78-£25 ) x 3 + £41.99. 

0 Ratings