cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 40

Re: Purple Screen

Yes but i find this a pain and the box just isn't good enough i had many BT boxes and this is the worse.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 40

Hi , I have exactly the same problem with my BT Pro Box and a Samsung TV.I have to power the box off and on and switch to another HDMI source for a couple of minutes.Then return to the box HDMI source and it is working.That cannot be right to faff about like this

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 40

Yes I agree with you totally and it’s not acceptable.I have exactly the same problem and it’s time this fault was cured by BT

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 40

I have been doing some more research on the purple screen issues and this what I have found :

what causes the purple screen on a BT pro box

A purple screen on a BT Pro TV box can be caused by several factors. Here are some possible reasons:

1. HDMI connection issue: A loose or faulty HDMI cable can result in a poor connection, leading to display problems such as a purple screen. Ensure that the HDMI cable is securely plugged into both the TV and the BT Pro box.

2. Resolution mismatch: If the resolution settings on the BT Pro box do not match the capabilities of your TV, it can result in display issues. Check the resolution settings on both the box and the TV to ensure they are compatible.

3. Firmware or software issue: Sometimes, firmware or software glitches can cause display problems. Ensure that your BT Pro box is running the latest firmware version. You can check for updates in the settings menu or consult the manufacturer's website for the latest firmware release.

4. HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) issue: HDCP is a copy protection protocol used by HDMI connections. If there is a compatibility issue or a problem with the HDCP handshake between the BT Pro box and your TV, it can result in a purple screen or no display at all. Try connecting the BT Pro box to a different HDMI port on your TV or try using a different HDMI cable to see if the issue resolves.

5. Hardware malfunction: In some cases, a hardware malfunction within the BT Pro box itself can cause display issues, including a purple screen. If none of the above solutions work, it may be necessary to contact BT support or the manufacturer for further assistance or to explore repair or replacement options

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 40

Thanks for this i have tried all these  but it still does it less intermittently but i still think the boxes are fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 40

Hi,I have been having exactly the same problems with my box for months.I got a new box from BT a week ago and all good until this morning.I switched it on a all I got was a purple screen again.I am totalling fed up with and I would cancel if I was able to 

Message 17 of 40

I know, I would cancel too if I could. When I phone up they don’t seem to recognise what I’m talking about when I tell them about the purple screen. Just get told to do a factory reset that will lose all my recordings. Surely they read all these comments?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 40

Good Morning, Thanks for your comments.I  had the same issues again this morning Purple Screen. That's 2 days on the trot on a replacement box that I have had for a week. 

Surely someone at BT is looking at this forum .We all need a permanent fix to this Purple Screen. If these boxes are not fit for purpose we should all be refunded and the contract cancelled. 

I am thinking of using my old Manhattan Box instead of this rubbish. 

Please do something BT !

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 40

Yes frustrating and they seem to be unable to fix the issue mine has been better since plugging it in to its own power socket not into a extension block. It still does it but a lot less than before i think the boxes have an issue with smart TV's? 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 40

I have had enough and taken it out.

Now using my previous Manhattan Box.

I shall ring BT and try and cancel my contract 

0 Ratings