cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: Recording Failed (Scheduling Error)

I dislike him so much that it might be enjoyable to watch him have to analyze it...

Its a shame that Gary isnt on it as much, not because hes better or anything but more because Jamie is now the 'Main Guy' on a monday whilst Gary is busy all of his other ventures, he used to balance out Jamie more. Now its usually Jamie and a guest.

Yeah my recording was 'Complete' also but having just looked at the historical scheduling it looks like I was the idiot and should have recorded it on Sky Sports Premier League, at 1930 On ME the golf came back on.....so with a 1730 kickup the second half kicks off around 1830 taking you to 1915.....but with added time then an ad break perhaps it got cut off actually legitimately. My bad, the Sky Sports Premier League schedule was due to finish at 2030....a whole hour later. Whoopsy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

Carragher is appalling when doing a Liverpool match live on Sky, either on co-commentary or as a pundit in the studio. The bias is off the scale. He’s fortunate to still have a job there IMHO. He should have been dismissed over the spitting incident. Sky were still controlled by Murdoch at the time and they probably thought that BT Sport would have taken him on. I don’t think they would have actually, but as you say, he’s definitely the main man on the MNF now. In case you’re wondering my team are Birmingham City!

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

To this day I have no idea why he is still employed, the spitting thing was so bad, they offloaded their biggest leads ever in Keys and Gray.....if they were brave enough to do that at a time when actually the core audience probably didnt want them to leave, two presenters who had made MNF what it is along with Super Sunday, they were huge assets to Sky.....what I'm trying to say is that Carragher was there for 4 years when that happened, Keys and Gray were there for 20. 

Spitting is an actual assault but beyond that just totally disgusting, if we accept Keys and Gray had to go then how on earth is Jamie still there, its so weird. Its not even that Jamie is that well liked and draws an audience, if he went then Sky wouldnt have been hurt in the process at all but in actual fact shown that they do not tolerate behavior like that.

Its one of the things I will always ponder, like what is the meaning of life, what was here before space and time.....and how is Carragher still on my blooming screen so often.

Ive follow United since 89, not by choice, older brother, ive seen all the good times....

The Rooney appointment was crazy if you ask me, on what credentials?.....hopefully Mowbray will do enough to save the season. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

My recording of the Man Utd match on Saturday night on SSME cut out at the time of the Kambwala foul on Christie before it went to VAR. This was due to the scheduled switch over to the golf on that channel. My recording of the Game of the Day on SSPL cut off before the end of the match. This was due to the Saturday Night Football overrunning by around 6 and a half minutes, so I got the end of that programme on my recording and didn’t get the end of what I actually wanted to watch. From past experience I’m expecting the MNF to overrun again tonight even though it will probably start on time.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

That was it, during the VAR check......but its because I should have used Sky Sports Premier League which I will in future, Im not sure there is any benefit to using Main Event on You View?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

It just so happened that SSME was scheduled to go to the golf at 19:30. On most occasions the schedules are identical on SSPL & SSME for PL matches. My recording cut off at the scheduled time, but I don’t know whether they continued with the Man Utd match on SSME until the final whistle. That would have made sense as the golf would also have been on SSG at the same time. My experience over the weekend highlights the inflexibility of the EPG on EETV in respect of events on Sky Sports not running according to the scheduled times.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

Yes good point, it probably did continue on till the final whistle.....but the schedule was what it was, either way on this occasion it was my fault.

0 Ratings