cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Recording bt sport channels

Go to solution

hiya, sorry if this has been asked before. At the moment I  have bt broadband and subscribe to bt sport which is mostly watched on a smart tv. I like the aussie AFL but don't fancy getting up at 4am..🙄..if I  got a youview box, would it be able to record the AFL games from bt sport onto it. Thanks for any advice 👍

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recording bt sport channels

Go to solution

You will need to subscribe to BT Sport on a BT TV package which will involve a minimum contract term. Yoy won't be able to buy a Youview retail box and access BT Sport via the EPG via your BT Sport app subscription.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, Thanks for answering,  I  did say in my post that I already subscribe to bt sport. Unfortunately you lost me on the EPG bit. Thanks anyhoo's 👍

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

EPG is Electronic Program Guide, basically channel selector on the box. This is where you'd set your recordings from.

BT Sport has different ways of subscribing. You can either subscribe directly through the app for app only access which will have no recording facilities. 

Or

Via a BT TV package for which BT will loan you a box so that you can record and watch TV via the EPG.... 

Plus other ways via Sky and Virgin Media 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hiya, thanks again. I assume I have the bt sport app subscription as I  don't have bt TV. back to the drawing board 🙄🤣👍