cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Recording

Go to solution

I'm tried to record programmes on my box but when I click the record button it isn't even coming up with the record symbol beside the programme and not recording anything. Never had problems with this before has only started happening 2 days ago 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Recording

Go to solution

Hi @N4TALIEX,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you're having problems setting recording on your BT TV Box.

Have you tried resetting your BT TV Box? How to reset your BT TV Box

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes I have reset the box and still the same issue 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @N4TALIEX

Thanks for posting back.

I am sorry for the problems you're having recording on your BT TV box.  I understand you have reset the box.  Can I just clarify; was it the factory reset you tried? Can you do that please and post back and let me know?  Keep in mind, this will remove any recordings currently stored on the box.  Here are the steps:

1. Go to the main menu by pressing the blue Home (or YouView) button on your remote
  2. From the main menu, scroll along and select Settings
  3. In the settings menu, scroll down to Information & Reset and select Factory Reset from the list
  4. You'll now see a warning screen. Remember all of your recordings and personal data will be deleted
  5. If you want to continue, just enter the numbers shown on the screen using your remote. The reset will take a few minutes
  6. Once done, you'll see the first time set up screens. Just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset

Drop me a reply when you get the chance and let me know.  If you continue to experience any issues after this, I'll let you know how you can get in touch with us and we'll pick up from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, I have done the factory reset and I am now able to record programmes, however some of the programmes I have tried to record is popping up with a message saying 'cannot record right now, try again later'

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @N4TALIEX

Thanks again for posting back and for completing the factory reset.

I am glad that you can record now.  It's strange that some programmes you try to record are coming up with that message.  You've ruled out everything from your side so I'll send you a message privately in a moment so that you can come through to us and we'll look into this further for you from here.  See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @N4TALIEX

Many thanks for messaging me, privately.

I am really pleased you're able to record all the programmes now and that the factory reset resolved the problems you were having.  If you need help or have a question in future, feel free to post back as you're more than welcome 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings