cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Remote has stopped controlling the tv

Go to solution

I’ve had my bt box for about 4 months now and have been using the bt remote to control the tv (change volume, select hdmi channel, switch on/off). Yesterday I was unable to change the volume or switch hdmi channel and the problem is still happening today. I’ve changed the batteries. Checked the settings for the Bluetooth remote are set to TV (I’ve switched between settings and neither helped). I’ve also done a factory reset of the box after nothing else worked and this didn’t help either. It works fine to control the bt box and can still turn the tv on/off. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Remote has stopped controlling the tv

Go to solution

Have you tried resetting the remote?

If you have, try viewing the front edge of the remote through a digital camera/phone. You should be able to see the IR LED when you press the volume buttons.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, I have tried resetting it multiple times. I know the remote works as it controls the box, it’s just that the Bluetooth remote setting of tv no longer seems to work as it won’t let me do any of the things described there. Everything else is fine. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Control of the box is by Bluetooth, control of the TV is by IR.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. I can’t see anything when I do that but I don’t know if I’m looking in the right place. There’s no transparent panel at the end of this remote where traditional IR remotes would have one. It’s just solid plastic? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

When I press the remote it does make the red light on my tv flash though too so presumably the tv is receiving the signal? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Never mind. Now I’ve got the original tv remote working it turns out it was the TV playing up. Thanks for your help though! 

0 Ratings