cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Remote's actions - two BT TV Boxes

I have two BT TV Boxes and I have a remote for each. One is the old Humax model, the other is the BT TV Box Pro. There's only one place I can put the boxes and I have one box above the other.

Both remotes' on/standby function work on both boxes so for example when I switch one box to standby it makes the other box come on, and it takes a lot of fiddling to get both boxes into standby at the same time.

I don't understand why this is happening as the Humax remote is IR and the other remote is bluetooth.

I am wondering if there's anything I can do to make the remotes and boxes come off and on independently. Ideas welcome!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Remote's actions - two BT TV Boxes

I can't see any sign of an IR transmitter on the bluetooth remote so can't see how that would affect the Humax box.

While the Pro Box remote is bluetooth the box also has an IR receiver, so it will accept input from The Humax remote.  The answer to your problem should be to find where it is on the Pro Box & mask it off.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@pamelap  HA, I have the same question. I am interested using the Pro Box in IP mode, but it thereby has limitations of only recording 2 channels concurrently, and a few channels n/a over IP, namely Great (sony) movies. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

For info  and not a solution to your dilemma.

.  I haven’t verified this myself but the  Bt Tv Pro remote does  actually have an IR mode.

“If you hold Home (purple) and 7 until the logo flashes, the bluetooth remote resets back into IR mode, so it is double versatile!
The first time it talks to a BTTVBPro box they will auto-pair with each other and the remote switches to bluetooth-only mode.
So if your Pro is off and you reset the remote, it will work perfectly well with the T4000 or any other Humax until you turn the Pro on and press the first keypress "at" it. “

Message 5 of 9

@zulu17 

Thanks for your reply. It's interesting information.

“If you hold Home (purple) and 7 until the logo flashes, the bluetooth remote resets back into IR mode, so it is double versatile!"

My Pro remote is obviously operating in IR mode without doing this.

"The first time it talks to a BTTVBPro box they will auto-pair with each other and the remote switches to bluetooth-only mode."

But my Pro remote hasn't switched to bluetooth only mode or I wouldn't have the problem. If only it had switched!

"So if your Pro is off and you reset the remote, it will work perfectly well with the T4000 or any other Humax until you turn the Pro on and press the first keypress "at" it. “

No, mine hasn't done this. It works perfectly with the humax and I don't want it to.......

It seems like all three statements are wrong given what my remote is doing. In fact, the exact opposite seems to be the case! Very odd.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@ scharter

I too would like to use IP mode, but I want the 3 channels recording + 1 channel for watch option.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@zulu17wrote:

I haven’t verified this myself but the Bt Tv Pro remote does  actually have an IR mode.

I just have & that seems to be correct. Despite no obvious IR window on the remote, it does indeed transmit IR from the front edge after Home+7 is pressed & held until the BT button flashes. Verified by viewing through my phone's camera. Once auto-paired the IR does also switch off. Another school day. But that doesn't seem to tie in with the OP's experience.

@pamelap 

Does the Pro Box remote fully control the Humax box or only turn it on & off? If the latter it may be an anomaly of CEC control. As above, you can check whether the Pro Box remote is transmitting IR by viewing it through your phone's camera. If it is that would suggest that it's failed to pair bluetooth with the box.

rbz5416_1-1665217976936.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I still cant get my BT Pro Box remote working on bluetooth, despite Home and 7. Still only works on line of sight.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@rbz5416 

Looking throught the camera, it looks like the Pro remote is just bluetooth, there's no pink glow spot, just blue. Also, pointing the remote away in the opposite direction to the box, it still switches it on and off. At present the Pro remote is not switching the Humax on or off when switching the Pro on or off. But the Humax remote is switching the Pro on when I use it to switch the Humax on. This seems to be as one would expect if the Pro IR receiver is still functioning as suggested above. Masking tape may be the only answer, but I am still testing as the remotes seems to change what they do and it all gets very confusing.

0 Ratings