cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

@naylor2006wrote:

I am the same, the EETV box is there so we can watch Freeview and series link things, its quite a good experience and I really value being able to record football sometimes, I have a young daughter, some kicks offs are just not worth trying to juggle when I can record and watch in the evening instead.

I do understand this, I am just so frustrated with the way the kit works (or doesn't), the constant "we can't do that because x won't let us", just makes it a poor overall experience.

The only way EE TV works for me (and I don't record sport, I watch it live or just catch up, but my kids are teens now), is as a Freeview PVR with a Sport subscription and no other add-ons.

You can then record the big 5 terrestrial channels, leave the box on 1080p output and negotiate directly for NOW and add or remove Netflix, Prime etc. as you see fit.

All app and live sport viewing is then done through an Apple TV 4K in my case. On the basic Sport subscription you can watch in up to UHD HDR via Discovery+ and there is not a single DOG "security" rectangle in sight, unlike on other platforms, including EE TV.

I don't agree that EE TV is good value either, I can access everything on offer today in the "Full Works" plan directly for £73.99 without a contract and every time you cancel an offer with NOW, you get a new one so you never pay list price.

The only value EE TV now has is the ability to record streamed content, which as everyone keeps telling us, less of us are doing each and every year.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 72 of 221

It seems good value unless I am missing something.

I was paying 35 for Now and 30 for Discovery Plus, usually I get a half decent deal when I left Now to retain me, lowest I got was 25 quid including Boost, but Discovery Plus was always 30 no matter what.

Now I pay 41 a month for all of that and its locked for 24 months, the box itself is a mere sidenote in a way, but it is useful to us. It seems good value but I havent looked into full works with Now, but id still need to chuck 30 ontop of that for Discovery right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 73 of 221

@naylor2006 No, you can get access to Discovery+ premium for much less, either by getting it as a an add-on to a EE Mobile contract (usually £10 or an included extra) or app only access via BT (£20 for BT Broadband customers assuming they still offer it).

Current active offers I have seen for NOW, sometimes generated by cancelling:

Entertainment = £3.99 per month

Cinema = £4.99 per month

Both = £9.99 per month

Boost (HD) = £3 per month

Sky Sports = £19.99 per month (6 month contract)

There are other forums out there where the latest deals and offers on cancellation are discussed weekly.

If you don't want to be proactive in managing passes or if recording is essential, then sticking with something like EE TV is fine if you are happy with the value, but it is 100% cheaper and more flexible to do deals direct. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 221

Well at least all is not lost for me when I come to end my contract, which isnt till 2026.

Kind a moot point right now, I am at the mercy of the EE development.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 221

https://www.bt.com/sport/buy

There’s actually an offer for Discovery+ Premium for £10 pm currently. A couple of people have asked about it on this forum because they have been unable to access it online and have been told that it’s £20 when they phone up to get it.
Message 76 of 221

A bargain if you are happy with your broadband service and don’t want/need EE TV.

I haven’t seen standalone app access as being available via EE yet, apart from with a mobile contract, but it might be buried somewhere.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 77 of 221

Getting back to Ultra Boost (my bad), direct NOW subscribers are getting emails to tell them that whatever they are paying for Boost now, they are being upgraded to Ultra Boost:

Ultra Boost gift for members with Boost​

You’ve probably seen that we recently introduced Ultra Boost to give you another option for enhancing your viewing experience. (Check out our help article if you’re not sure what Ultra Boost is, or you’d like more details on the differences between Boost and Ultra Boost).

We want to give all our members with Boost the chance to try out Ultra Boost. So, if you already had Boost, we’ve automatically applied Ultra Boost to your existing membership for the same price you were paying for Boost.

It’s our gift to you – no extra cost, no strings attached.

That means if you were paying £6 a month for Boost, you’d continue to pay £6 a month but would now be able to enjoy the extra features of Ultra Boost at no additional cost (the normal price for new Ultra Boost members is £9 a month).

As with Boost, Ultra Boost has no contract, so if you decide it’s not for you, you’re free to cancel anytime.

You might just need to update the NOW app to the latest version to start enjoying Ultra Boost.

What if I’m on a Boost offer?​

If you’re on a Boost offer, we’ve automatically added Ultra Boost on top of what you currently have for the same monthly offer price.

At the end of your offer period, your Ultra Boost gift will automatically roll on at the regular Boost price of £6 a month, unless cancelled.

I'm assuming this hasn't gone to anyone billed by BT/EE as the platform doesn't currently support Ultra Boost anyway?

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 78 of 221

Dammit…..

No, no such email.

Good timing though, the ‘free’ month will expire just at the season starts and anyone who’s benefitted from it gonna be like noooooooooooo take my money.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 221

Eat your hearts out, people.

No extra charge, and…

IMG_1449.jpeg

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 80 of 221

Do you have the HDR10 bug @Midnight_Voice ?

If you change the Apple TV 4K output to 4K HDR you should get HLG HDR rather than HDR10, it's not 100% clear from your TV status overlay?

————————————————————-
0 Ratings