cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

@why_oh_why

“completely doing away with the need of recording boxes with its handling of catch up”

A frequent moan on Now was that Sky were very slow to put out F1 qualifying, and there were blackout periods before the main races were available on catchup, due to initial repeat rights being owned by Channel Four.

Being able to record on the EE Pro box overcomes these issues for EE TV subscribers who elect to have this box, and I thought that was an EE TV USP.

But are you saying that having Sky Stream also overcomes these issues?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 152 of 221

@Midnight_Voicewrote:

But are you saying that having Sky Stream also overcomes these issues?

You can "watch from start" on any Sky channel and the on demand content arrives almost immediately these days, so it is much improved.

The only way to really counter it when you depend on NOW is to record because there is a longer delay in getting the on demand content.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 153 of 221

Definitely a yes to your question @Midnight_Voice 

Sky now make F1 available almost immediately after the live showings, and as @stereohaven says, you also have the "watch from start" option whilst the programme is 'live' on air. There has been a big change there although I can't say if it's the same for Now.

UPDATE: I've just read the comment from above re Now.

Message 154 of 221

Phoned BT today, to downgrade TV package to just TNT Sport, with UHD add-on for £26 a month.

But I ended up taking the Full Works package discounted to £25 a month for 3 months. After which I'll just downgrade to TNT Sports with UHD add-on.  Might as well, as it's saving me a quid a month for 3 months. And I'll start a separate Now subscription independently of BT right away and take the UltraBoost. So for those 3 months I'll have 2 Now accounts ... but retain ability to record Now stuff (albeit only in HD) on the Pro Box.

Pretty sure I'll be going back to BT/EE though as soon as they sort out the Now UHD content. If they manage that before the 3 months is up I'll just not bother cancelling the Full Works. 

Message 155 of 221

Hmm interesting, sounds like a good plan unless BT completely B0rk up your account 🙂

Ive seen on a few occasions where folks wanting to make the smallest change end up with no broadband.....

You know this is really bad, I am tempted to sign up to Now again just for a month on a separate email address just for a month of Ultra, actually im not tempted im going to do it, and hopefully they pull their finger out 🙂

@Hooba is the Ultraboost there if you sign up now as a new customer?

Just looked and Now is 26 quid for 6 months if you lock into that or 36 quid for one month one off.....plus the boost fee but is Ultraboost coming with that as it doesnt seem to be mentioned on sign up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 156 of 221

@naylor2006 Can't you just downgrade your Big Sport package to TNT sports? Then go with Now direct for Sky Sports, plus UHD?

Message 157 of 221

Nah cause im in contract, 24 month contract on that Big Sport package and the deal I got on it was way to good to lose, I had a long running complaint so some adhoc discounts were applied plus the deal that was on. So I dont want to screw with that as when UltraBoost comes to EE I will be far better off than going to Now direct.

So Now is going to have to be an addon on top for now, but Im wondering IF UltraBoost will be there as a new customer right now, have you signed up yet?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 158 of 221

@Hooba It sounds as though you’ve changed from Big Sport to Full Works on the £25pm special offer. Are you aware that if/when you downgrade from Full Works to Sport with HD/UHD add-on  you will not be able to remove the Netflix? On the Full Works you will get Standard Netflix ( without ads). When you down grade you will get Standard Netflix (with ads). Hopefully the Full Works package will be such a good deal in 3 months time that you won’t want to change.

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 221

@Brucemeister5  I was on Full Works before, and remain on Full Works but discounted to £25 a month for 3 months. If EE / BT haven’t sorted Now UltraBoost during those 3 months I’ll downgrade to just TNT Sport but with UHD add on for that. 

The £50 saving in those 3 months will pay for a separate Now account independent of BT / EE. 

On Full Works I get Netflix Standard, no adds, but pay an additional £7 for Netflix premium. I’m assuming there will still be an Netflix upgrade available if / when I downgrade to TNT Sport only? 

0 Ratings
Message 160 of 221

@Hooba You’ve done well to get that £25pm offer if you were already on Full Works. That isn’t normally permitted. You will be able to upgrade to Netflix Premium from the Sport package if you drop down to that. I was thinking that you might be stuck with Netflix that you didn’t really want  as I didn’t realise that you already had it.

0 Ratings