cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

@DarrenDev said:

@TheRealBudski as a member of the trials group, you're under NDA and should not be posting on here about anything.  If in doubt, contact your trials manager.

Sound to me like someone needs swapping in to the trial. I won’t tell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 192 of 221

Although I’m definitely not part of this trial group, one of the things that had occurred to me was whether BT/EE would permit a customer who didn’t have the bandwidth to access the UHD linear channels to still be able to upgrade to be able to access them via the NOW app on the Pro box. Possibly this is one of the complications that are still being worked through.

Message 193 of 221

Further still why would someone who doesn’t have the bandwidth be in the trial 🤔

Pretty sure BT won’t permit you to order the existing UHD package unless your connection is of a certain speed.

To watch one channel of UHD and record another you’ll need 130Mbps minimum, given that existing TNT Sports multicast HDR channel stream requires 60-70Mbps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 194 of 221

It’s a problem that doesn’t exist at the moment though. There are only currently two UHD channels 433 & 465. You pay £6 pm for HD/UHD, but if your line speed is less than 44mbps they won’t allow access to 433 & 465. You can view them via Discovery + though and you still get HD on any other channels included in the £6 pm.

Message 195 of 221

@naylor2006 corect. I think my 32Mbs might struggle slightly 

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 221

@naylor2006wrote:

…given that existing TNT Sports multicast HDR channel stream requires 60-70Mbps.

Does it?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 197 of 221

Yes it does, my IPTV is on a singular interface in my router so I can monitor all traffic to it.

I posted somewhere what all the channels did, can’t find it at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 198 of 221

There are multiple trials running all the time, but only 2 TV guides - the live one, and the trial one. Trialists may see other things on their box that aren't part of their trial - when in doubt, it's best to ask the trial manager.

As for bandwidth - we've made some amazing advancements in compression without loss of quality. Exact requirements will be announced in due course.
0 Ratings
Message 199 of 221

@naylor2006wrote:

Yes it does, my IPTV is on a singular interface in my router so I can monitor all traffic to it.

I posted somewhere what all the channels did, can’t find it at the moment.

If that was the case, I wouldn’t be able to watch it on my lowly FTTC connection and record an IP HD channel and do basic browsing at the same time as I only get around 55Mbps download.

But I can. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 200 of 221

It is the case.

Probably FTTP and FTTC customer get different streams, maybe more/less compressed….yours being more compressed unless there is some other way they are doing it. Devo might be able to answer.

I have accurately monitored for my own curiosity.

I might make a separate post on it later. Be good place to discuss.

0 Ratings