cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

I posted this elsewhere and it might help if anyone needs to understand the differences:

What are Boost and Ultra Boost - Help (youtube.com)

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 221

@stereohaven You suggested that EETV customers will only get it on Apple TV devices recently. It looks as though that might be right. 

Message 43 of 221

Now website now gives this information

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-are-boost-and-ultra-boost

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 221

The main thing I am thinking is about whether whilst my account is 'Managed by EE' whether I can pay for the UltraBoost addon, can that be facilitated...?

I had AppleTV 4K's which I always had before EETV Pro so if its supported there then I wouldnt be upset, ideally would like them to be there on the EPG so I can record though....but i'd take app only.

There's nothing stopping EETV from putting them on the EPG, its a multicast bandwidth consideration but not a hardware one.

Ive been complaining about the lack of UHD on NowTV Sports since I can remember, i'm sick of myself so even if its just app based id take that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 221

@zulu17 looks good, but as it stands no way to upgrade if EE manage your account 😞

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 221

No you can’t pay for ultra boost if your account is managed by ee
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 221

The problem the way I see it is that the HD/Ultra HD 6 quid we pay EE now includes TNT Sports Ultimate and NowTV Boost together, so BT/EE need to figure out a billing change/methodology that allows for a new product to be sold.

So I wont hold my breath that happening quickly.

I wonder if I cancel my 6 quid thing will it allow me to add on boost from Now directly, however then I lose TNT Sports Ultimate.

Does anyone want to suffer calling up and asking? 😂

Surely @DarrenDev can move some trees for us?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 221

Darren has confirmed on the ee forum that it’s not available. 

Message 49 of 221

Further to my earlier post (as I can't edit it anymore) rebooting the Apple TV fixed it on that device so if anyone who isn't subbed via BT/EE is having issues give that a go.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 221

Oh yeah, I imagine its not available now but will it ever be?

This is just a billing thing and a way of EETV opening up the door for us to purchase the new addon, the more I think about it the less I think it will happen for us.

0 Ratings