cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Streaming service slow and out of date in BT Box

Go to solution

We watch a lot of streaming services rather than ”live” TV.

Much of it is on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Netflix on the BT Box is ok but I have noticed that the version on BT YouView boxes seems to be older than the version on FireSticks. Example: On the BT Box you can give a program or film a thumbs up or thumbs down, but even our very old FireStick allows you to give the double thumbs up for stuff you love. However this isn’t really an issue.

Where the differences really show is the Amazon Prime app. On the FireStick its fine but on the BT box it is painfully slow. Moving back and forwards through a program is painfully frustrating and program take a comparatively long time to load or move to the next chapter.

Is there a reason we have older apps on the BT boxes?

BT Box: DTRT2100

FireStick: FireTV (2nd Gen)

Both are as up to date as I can get them

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Streaming service slow and out of date in BT Box

Go to solution

I suspect it is because that YouView box model is 9 years old at this point and has been superseded twice by newer hardware (the BT DTR-T4000 and now the BT TV Box Pro).

Sometimes you just need newer hardware to support more up to date features. I don’t believe BT are obligated to give you a new box, but I am sure they would if you asked, assuming you have probably re-contracted several times since.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 3

Re: Streaming service slow and out of date in BT Box

Go to solution

Hi and thanks. I didn’t realise that these boxes were nine years old but thinking back that’s about right. 

Makes sense that the box struggles with the apps and I’ll just stick to the FireStick in future for streaming.