cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Stuck on 'Let's get Started' when trying reset

For the past few days I have been experiencing a persistent IPC6023 error code on my BT Box Pro.  Having tried multiple times to start and restart both the box and router with no success, I decided to try a factory reset of the box.  However, I am now completely stuck on the 'Let's get started' page.  The remote won't allow me to click on 'start set-up'.  I have tried the resetting manually using the side and front buttons to get to the maintenance menu, but again the remote won't register a selection.  Restarting the box now just takes me straight back to the 'Let's get started' menu.  I tried resetting/repairing the remote, but that has no effect either. I don't know what else to try. Any ideas??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stuck on 'Let's get Started' when trying reset

@Jimskin1 

The remote can’t re-pair if the box isn’t talking to it. Where in the sequence of events, exactly, are you trying the reset/re-pair?

I don’t suppose you might have an old stream YouView remote lying about that you could try?

But it sounds as if your box is on the fritz, something BT can probably check from their end, so call them and request a replacement, if they can’t get it going again.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stuck on 'Let's get Started' when trying reset

Thanks for the reply. I tried the remote re-pair after the screen stuck on Let's Get Started. But I actually think the remote is OK as it still works to switch the box on and off, just not to proceed from the LGS screen! So you think my box is probably knackered? It's a bit weird as this latest IPC error occured following a random break in my broadband connection (it just stopped for minute before reconnecting), and suddenly I couldn't access the internet TV channels directly, even though the apps all worked fine. Tsk, sounds like a BT/EE call is needed. Wish me luck!

0 Ratings