cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

TNT sport channels not working

About a month ago the TNT sport channels stopped working on our BT TV Pro box and gave the error IPC6023. After getting in contact with BT who told me to factory reset the box and the hub which did nothing they decided to send an engineer who arrived yesterday and basically did nothing and left. He said he would make a note of the problem but now the fault is showing as fixed even though the channels still don’t work. How can I get this resolved as I’m paying for a service I’m not receiving.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: TNT sport channels not working

@Blakey Raise a complaint or hope that @DarrenDev can assist.

In the meantime make sure you have activated discovery+ so you can keep watching TNT Sports while you wait for resolution.

You should be able to watch live in up to UHD HDR via the app on the box.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Blakey  Further to @stereohaven's suggestion, if you have a Smart TV (most do these days), you can download the Discovery+ app to the TV.

We don't have any boxes but access the Sport through the Discovery+ app on either our Samsung or Sony TVs. The app is also installed on both our iPhones and our wto iPads. Simply log-in with your BT id and password.

Never a problem although my one gripe is TNT Sports does not display subtitles for us deafies.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yeah I have been using Discovery+ as an alternative for now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Had this same problem. You don't need an Openreach visit, you need to get back on the phone, and ask for the issue to be escalated to TMC, as this isn't a run-of-the-mill issue, its alot more complex. Id know, because we just had this and two weeks later we only just have TV back. No amount of factory resetting will fix it.

This needs to be looked into by TMC and if they can't find/fix the issue, it will be sent to the next set of folks who will fix it. Call back ASAP!

Message 6 of 7

If the service worked ok and then suddenly stopped (without making any changes to your service) then it is possible that the fault is within the home. It's unusual for faults on the network to appear mid contract.
Rebooting everything is always worth an attempt - hub, TV Box, and anything in between (powerline adapters, network switches, etc). If it's an option, turn off the power to the whole house for a few seconds - it's a quick and easy way to make sure everything was rebooted.

After that, check the FTTP mode setting: https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/how-to-set-up/bt-smart-hub-2/full-fibre-mode

Finally, if the TV Box and Hub have any other equipment in between them, remove it - connect them directly and test again.

If you still see IPC6023 then a fault needs to be raised to TMC.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I renewed contract and fibre 900mb was installed on 30th July. After that it worked fine and then about a week later it suddenly stopped working. I will raise a TMC and see what happens.

0 Ratings