cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

TV picture keeps jumping

My bt tv box pro keeps jumping, mostly on freeview channels on hd I think, Itv was jumping bad there on channel 103 (hd) but seems to be working ok on channel 3, sd, I have reported this as a fault to bt but no answer as yet, I am only with bt 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: TV picture keeps jumping

Hi @Ian53 

Would be useful  to know if you view 103 Itv HD  directly  on your TV whether  you experience  the same issues as when you view it via the BT TV box ?

Also can you elaborate  on the jumping  , is it playing , stopping  then resuming at a later point etc. Is both sound and vision impacted ?

Also if you pause and then resume the live Itv hd  channel does the jumping  continue?

Also if you rewind the itv  hd channel and go back into the buffer and then play back does the jumping  appear at the same points.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Hi there, my problem only seems to exist on the hd channels, if I switch to one of the sd channels eg channel 3 which is in sd all seems ok, also if I do that then switch back to 103 (hd), my fault seems to go away for a while. By jumping, I mean more like stuttering, only on the picture, the sound is ok. If I pause and start again, or rewind and then fast forward to catch up again, it also clears the fault for a while. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Thanks for clarifying.

You mention that you reported the fault to BT.

What has BT resppnse been , are they supposed to be coming back to in any particular timeframe ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Hi again, they said they will have it rectified for the 29th of this month and will contact me on the 30th to confirm that all is now ok, I downloaded the new software that was released on the 26th of this month, not sure what it was for as bt don't seem to tell you, but it wasn't as bad last night, but I will be watching tonight for any problems. But I do think it's a buffering problem with the hd freeview channels, Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

BT sending me out a new TV box pro, will this resolve the issue? I'll keep you posted!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Supplying a replacement seems the most sensible strategy.  No idea whether it will reoccur on the new box , hopefully not.  I think there might have a been a couple of posts on something similar over the past year.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Thanks for replying again, I can only hope!

I'll let you know!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Hi again, got my new box this morning and so far everything ok, it's also a far better picture, a lot more sharper, so touch wood!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

That sounds very positive.

0 Ratings