cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

TV stuck on channel

Hi my tv and hub are stuck on one channel or say loading i have reset everything can you help?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: TV stuck on channel

Can you provide a little more info?

The TV and Hub? What devices exactly?

What steps have you taken to reset?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hi i have reset box reset hub disconnected tv cables i cannot access any system settings as it will not load, tv turns onto 1 station when you change it the black shadow stays on screen and will not change.

i cannot update box because it says it is now not supported?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

@mark74 

Is the box black?

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/Support-for-old-BT-TV-YouView-box-to-be-withdrawn/td-p/234...

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi yes it is but not the same design mine looks smaller 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Are you sure you're navigating the TV Box menus, and not the settings on your TV?
I'm not aware of any BT or EE TV box that would show a message to say that it's not supported - the older devices would just remain permanently offline, so wouldn't allow you to check for updates.
You can see the TV Boxes that are currently supported here: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/bt-tv-boxes
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi yes I am sure fire stick is fine it's the box that is not working 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Our records show that you have a TV Recordable Box (as shown in the link I provided above). It hasn't been seen online since Sunday though.
Could I ask you to please turn the power to the TV Box off, then turn it on again. Please confirm that your TV shows a YouView logo, then a BT TV logo, and then eventually a menu with the EE TV logo in the top right corner? You may also see TV playing in the background.
If this isn't what you see, please describe what you do in as much detail as possible.
If you do see the menu, are you able to navigate around it? If so, can you get to the settings menu at the top, then check what software versions the box is running.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Hi Darren i will try that thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Hi Darren this is the the order of starting box,

BT shows up in circle

youviewer shows up 

then a blank screen

EE shows in top left corner with black shadow around tv