cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Think Youview box has packed in.

Go to solution

I know longer have BTV since I canceled the service well over a year ago and went with Now direct with discounts but though I would post on here for some  advice as would have normally posted on the Youview community but as you know it closed laid last year.

Had the Youview T2120 box since 2019 and last night before going to bed I had to turn box off and on again and let it reload before I could use box.

This morning only one blue light is showing on the box. So I turned box of at the back waiting 10 seconds turned box on and just as I was about to press the power button on the remote the box turned itself on and went to the old BT screen saying waking up and after about a min screen went blank and come up with same message.
I do at times like to record TV as there is still 10% of shows that are still not on demand/catch up.

Any advice would be helpful.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Think Youview box has packed in.

Go to solution

So that’s is one of the former Plusnet boxes. I mention That because sometimes the Youview update rollouts to former Plusnet models may be different (later than say BT subscription models).

I think the BT  or Youview screen  saying waking up tends to imply the box is attempting to load the system off its hard disc. If this is not succeeding then you  need to consider doing a maintenance mode reset ( keeping recordings) using the box buttons.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Could be the HDD is failing. Have a look at this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.
Have tried to do a maintenance mode but it don't seem to be going in to maintenance mode for some reason.

Hope its not as @rbz5416 says and the HDD is starting to fail.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@ney 

The YouView Community is dead, along with some once-useful links on the website, but not everything has gone.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

But no PlusNet box, so

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-#:~:text=Press%20and%2....

where the BT 2xxx option will cover PlusNet, even though it doesn’t say so.

The recommended first recovery step is to touch the power button on top of the box for just over 8 seconds, and let it soft reboot. This is better than the ‘turn it off and on again’ approach.

If that doesn’t work, try an Option 2 reset, which will keep your recordings.

If that works, follow it up with an Option 4 reset.

But if Option 2 doesn’t fix it, then there is nothing for it but an Option 5 reset, (equivalent to Factory Reset in the Settings menu, if you can get to that).

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Midnight_Voice 

Thanks for your reply posting the links.

Will

habe a look and give all a try.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Left box box unplugged all day while at work as box would not go into maintenance  mode last night but managed to get box working again with a soft reboot after leaving it unplugged all day.

Had visions that my box had finally packed in or I would have to do a fully maintenance and delete recordings.