cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Tv box freezes

I see this appears to be a common fault. Happens to me often, can go months - no issues then virtually weekly. No matter what we do, switch off, etc etc nothing. Have to endure a night either watching rubbish or go sit in kitchen and watch other set. 
only a hard reset remotely from BT/ EE solves the issue. Tough if it happens after 21:00 ! 
When reporting it to guide, get told not heard that 1 before. 
Really considering going to Sky. You settle down to,watch tv then , chaos.

anyone got any help , solution, please

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Tv box freezes

@Watson1 

I can’t fix your box, but I can save you from the kitchen.

Get a further aerial cable, male to female (or the equivalent, male to male with a female coupler).

Connect this from the Aerial Out on the YouView box, to the Aerial In on the TV.

In settings on the box, switch on Aerial Passthrough. This will keep the aerial link alive even when the box is in standby (but don’t switch it right off).

Tune the TV with its own tuner.

When the box misbehaves, just switch to watching the TV directly.

If the box misbehaves so badly that it won’t let you use the TV, just pull the two aerial cables off the back of the box and couple them together, thereby bypassing it completely, until BT/EE can work their magic for you again.

If you want to watch (most of) what you can watch on the YouView box, get a £30 Roku Express and plug that into the TV. Use your BT account details to log into Now on that stick to get access to anything BT/EE offer via Now, live and catchup, at no further cost than the initial purchase price of the Roku Express.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Midnight_Voice 

Something odd going on with Roku, there's been no stock of their products anywhere since before Christmas. Queries on their own forums are just met with waffle. This has inevitably lead to speculation that they're pulling out of the dongle market in favour of partnering with TV manufacturers.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@rbz5416 

Oh dear, so it seems; thanks for the heads up. They seem to promise this:-

IMG_1326.jpeg

but it goes nowhere.

So now we just have the choice of the Amazon Firestick, that monument to ADHD, or the Google Chromecast, only for people who never watch Channel Four 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@rbz5416wrote:

@Midnight_Voice 

Something odd going on with Roku, there's been no stock of their products anywhere since before Christmas. Queries on their own forums are just met with waffle. This has inevitably lead to speculation that they're pulling out of the dongle market in favour of partnering with TV manufacturers.

They announced a partnership in the UK with Curry's to power a new range of Logik branded TVs about a week ago. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 6

Well over 2 years I been using the Amazon Fire HD sticks and just seem to love them and use them everyday.

I have the Amazon Firestick 2021 HD version and the Amazon Firestick HD 3d gen that came out in mid 2022.

0 Ratings