cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 39

UKTV Channels in IP Mode

Now the rebrand to EE etc has gone through, is there any news on when  or if the UKTV channels (Dave, W etc) will be coming to EETV in IP mode? Or will we have to go with Freeview's IPTV when its lanched this year. This is one of the main issues that is stopping me ditching sky and coming back to BT/EE. I know you can get it through aerial mode but the picture quality is awful and since BT got rid of the HD option it doesnt interest me.

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39

Re: UKTV Channels in IP Mode

@tumblingtom That's the $1 Dollar question, along with the Great TV! channels and Talking Pictures. Sadly, there's never any word on this. We all hoped the launch of EE TV might have this kind of news.

Given the current talk about Channel 4 looking to look remove linear channels and move to streaming, this could be an opportunity to get HD feeds of their other channels.

Also sounds like Sky have signalled the end of Satellite TV in 2028...

Message 3 of 39

I hope these come sooner rather than later as well. 

If they appear on Freely, there is another competitor that puts another dent into the EE service 

Message 4 of 39

The explanation given (30Aug2022(

We don't offer the UKTV DTT channels in internet mode as we failed to negotiate an acceptable commercial agreement with them. Should they come back to us with something acceptable, we will of course add them.

Message 5 of 39

Well thats basically a customer that wont be coming back. Pure and simple. I am sure I wont be the only one.

Message 6 of 39

@zulu17  I heard something similar from one of the mods. Not sure waiting until they come back crawling is a great strategy. You'd hope they were periodically trying... Or perhaps like Freely, the software could be updated to enable standard terrestrial channels to supplement those available via IP. 
Otherwise, there's a risk that Freely will make significant inroads...

Message 7 of 39

I don't think any company that would not return to try and get a better deal for popular channels would last long as being competitive. 

Sky Stream, Virgin Stream have them and you would like to think Freely will aswell. 

Message 8 of 39

@zulu17wrote:

The explanation given (30Aug2022(

We don't offer the UKTV DTT channels in internet mode as we failed to negotiate an acceptable commercial agreement with them. Should they come back to us with something acceptable, we will of course add them.

I remember this thread, the level of chutzpah from a tiny TV platform that needs content deals to grow it's attractiveness and customer base, still makes me laugh today. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 9 of 39

Dont think I will be back as a customer as well. 
I left BT TV as it was called just over 20 months ago and went with Now direct with discounts and I seem to be happy with the service.

Have since also moved from BT FTTC to another isp on a similar FTTC package.

Message 10 of 39

@ney I don't think you will be the only one to be honest.

No channels added to the entertainment package in a year and a half, just removing them.

Reason I took the Entertainment package last April was because the now app was buggy on my Roku and Fire stick, but it seems a lot better now.

If there isn't any change by the time my contract is up, I am going too.