cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Ultra boost offer

As I understand it the current upgrade to ultra boost from Now TV is a trial offer.  The current pro box config doesn’t allow customers to stream Now TV in ultra hd will the bt subscription of now tv with boost paid through EE does this mean at the end of the trial period it will revert back to normal boost without UHD?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Ultra boost offer

@sstixe 

If you get Now via EE TV, there is no point in taking the trial, as it isn’t just the limitations of the Pro box stopping you using it, it’s the whole Now via EE TV setup, which won’t support UltraBoost on any of your devices.

Also, EE TV doesn’t yet offer Ultraboost, and Now direct won’t let you add it to an EE TV Now subscription.

Finally, if you take a trial from Now, you have to actively cancel it before the trial is over, to have it revert to what you had before; if you don’t, then at the end of the trial, Now assume you want the product, and it changes to a paid subscription to whatever you were trialling.

This often catches people out, despite the clear description of the process that Now provide.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
Message 3 of 8

What some of us have done is sign up to NowTV again with a separate email, then you can watch the UltraHD content if you then also have a device that supports it, the EETV Pro Box App does not even if you did log in with your new credentials.

Some people found it pretty good signing up to one month then cancelling immediately at which point you get offered a nice 20 quid for 6 months sort of thing.

Now Im not advocating spending twice the amount on Now just to watch UltraHD, but my TV Deal with BT is very reasonable and I am in contract so the extra 20 a month to have a separate  NowTV account to watch SkySports on my Apple TV is totally worth it....for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 4 of 8

@naylor2006 

Re devices that support it, I’m getting some very odd results.

My Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X, or at least 3810EU) gets UHD/Atmos, even though it’s not on Now’s list of supported devices.

My Roku Express 4K tells me that all of House of the Dragon except S1 E1 is in UHD/Atmos, before I start an episode - that one is just HD/5.1 - but reports UHD/Atmos on the TV for every episode including that one, and my soundbar agrees about the Atmos.

My Roku Premiere 4K is not shown by Now as supported, and sure enough all episodes of HotD come up as HD/5.1, but they play as UHD/Atmos, as reported by TV and soundbar.

I’d query this with Now, but they have shut their Community, and Elon won’t let me on X at present 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Was at my sisters last Saturday and she gets Now Boost Ultra 4k on her 2ng gen Amazon Firestick 4k and gets Dolby Atmos  via the Bose soundbar I got for her for her Christmas 2 years ago.

She has a Samsung 55 inch smart 4k QLED TV, thats a 2020 model.

My sister watches The House Of The Dragon.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@ney 

But only On Demand, if she wants 4K on that device, apparently.

Message 7 of 8

@Midnight_Voice 

I dont have as many devices to test, I have a Amazon 4K Firestick somewhere but thats just in a box and we only get it out when we go travelling somewhere, handy to have in hotels, bnbs etc. I dont use any of the built in smart features of my smart tvs.

The only devices I was able to test were Apple TV 4K 1st Gen and Apple TV 4K 3rd Gen.....now the latter is a fairly new addition to the family and is the only one that works with NowUHD, after all the effort/money of signing up twice to get SkySports UHD I would have been pretty annoyed to find actually I didnt have a device that supports it anyway. Luckily the Apple TV 4L 3rd gen is in the main living room.

I expect I would have found out in advance if I'd looked at the supported devices, someone I think posted them somewhere on here but I cant find it.

EDIT: Found it: (And yes it would have told me..... 🙂 )

Screenshot 2024-08-21 121340.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for all the replies I am using ultra boost on my Apple TV 4K’s and it works well on them apart from as others have said the Atmos sound.  Looks like I may have to get another non EE linked account if I want to keep it when the trial period runs out on my EE billed account then.

0 Ratings