cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unable to watch upstairs television ITV channel - asked for Login

We have two televisions, one in the living room and the other upstairs, both connected. The usual channels are available downstairs without the need for Fort Knox passwords or login details but the upstairs television is suddenly asking for a login. We don't understand what it wants or why.  My other half and I have very different tastes in TV programmes hence the two televisions which are linked by BT (or is it now EE - I give up!!). 

Tried the usual 'Need some help' phone number which the booklet says is available until 21:00 but the 'office is closed'. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are tempted to go back to Virgin TV.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to watch upstairs television ITV channel - asked for Login

Use the "Message Now" on this link https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/technical-support/tv

Its also possible one of the forum members who use BT TV, may be able to help, as it may have something to do with having two BT TV connected to your broadband.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/can-i-watch-bt-tv-in-more-than-one-room-

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Keith. We haven't had problems with it before. I think its a mini box upstairs with the main box downstairs. Its getting late and I've got to get up early for work tomorrow. Will ring BT when I get home (if anyone answers).
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Ruth1963  I suspect something has been missed in the  EE TV Box Mini setup. That box only works in IP mode (ie non aerial)

I think there  is a ITVX sign in during that  box setup, to enable the ITV IP channel. 

I think in normal circumstances you should only need to do this once (although some box resets and upgrades may prompt you to do it again.).

Have you tried following the onscreen instructions ?

0 Ratings