cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Migrating from BT TV to EE TV (Pro Boxes)

I received my EE Broadband equipment today, after migrating from BT Broadband yesterday.

I’m wondering as EE is a subsidiary of BT if I’ll still be able to plug my BT TV Pro Box in to my television and still be able to what my recordings. Or will my BT TV Pro Box no longer work once my all my EE Broadband equipment has been set up?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Migrating from BT TV to EE TV (Pro Boxes)

As you are now an EE customer, you need to post on the EE forum https://community.ee.co.uk/

EE are a separate company within the BT Group.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@Keith_Beddoe @BenSCR @DarrenDev 

Pretty certain DarrenDev said such ‘crossover’ topics were still OK here.

Though of course I can’t find the posting to check the exact context 😢

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Yes, either forum is fine.
@BenSCR has already posted on the EE community and I've replied.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

the  thread on the EE community with further information and replies is at

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/TV/BT-TV-to-EE-TV/td-p/1396137

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@zulu17 @DarrenDev 

Just to clarify, perhaps for the benefit of those thinking of switching from BT to EE broadband:-

If you take the Pro box option with EE, your existing Pro box will no longer play recordings you made under BT of the IP channels - Now, various other sports channels, and even from the Freeview channels if you took the IP, rather than terrestrial aerial, option and recorded them under that?

But terrestrial Freeview channel recordings will remain playable?

So this is another potential downside to IP reception of the ‘Freeview) channels, and also indicates that EETV from EE is not the same as EETV from BT?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@Midnight_Voice   My understanding . No recordings are deleted unless a box is  1 factory reset,  2 you elect to delele them or  3 you elect to auto delete when box gets full.  Existing Aerial mode  terestrial nrecordings should  therefore always be playable. IP  recordings would be playable  or not depending upon  how the move from BT to EE is handled.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@zulu17 

Thanks.

Agreed about generally no deletions, something we hadn’t touched on. But in that thread you quoted, @DarrenDev @says:-

‘…the TV Box Pro will currently continue working in a limited capacity after you switch to EE Broadband. You'll lose access to IP channels (including Internet mode) and any recordings of those channels”

which I interpret as not playable going forward no matter what, and not ‘playable or not depending on how the move is handled’.

But perhaps I have this wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@Midnight_Voice looking at the particular scenario it seems that customer is switching to EE Broadband but not looking to take EETV as part of that migration.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Correct @zulu17 - this customer says he has NOT taken an EE TV subscription, which is why those channels will cease.  Switching from EE TV on BT Broadband to EE TV on EE Broadband is exactly the same service - it's the lack of TV subscription that is causing the change of behaviour.

0 Ratings