cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Upgraded BT TV Package

I upgraded my BT TV package today. How long does it normally take for this to be activated and i can access all the new channels? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upgraded BT TV Package

I am pretty sure it should be instant 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@maduk  Yes it should be instant. Just find a channel in the package you upgraded to and it may ask you to set up the channel, simply click to watch and it should be ready to go.Once you set up one all channels in that package should be good to go.. You can log in to MYBT under your account it shows open order or track order and see if it's there and marked as complete.. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thank you. I have just checked MYBT and orders, and the upgrade order is not even showing on the list. The only thing I suspect is happening is that it was a Sunday that I upgraded and they may only process and activate it today. Not sure. I have contacted BT Help and they are baffled as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

No being sunday wouldnt make a difference.  Its all automatically generated

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

It's definitely a weird one - I can see a comment on your account late yesterday afternoon saying that an order was placed over the phone, but then no actual order was placed on your account.  I don't even recognise the format of the order ID quoted. Unfortunately the agent you spoke to is off shift, so I can't speak to him about it either.

I can only recommend that you try ordering again - preferably using www.bt.com/tv if possible.  You should get an email within a few seconds of the order completing, along with instructions on how to set up your Now TV account.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Darren,

Thank you for checking. Yes very wierd. As I upgraded my fibre broadband, tv package and digital voice. He also booked in an engineer to come and upgrade my fibre optic  line. I received an email from BT confirming this a short while later. Just seems the agent hasn't actually actioned anything. 

Is it possible he didn't have enough time to finish setting up the changes when we spoke and will complete when next on again? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi just wondered if you got this fixed. I also changed my bt package. I got an email but not showing on track my order & to channels still not working 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hello, yes. All sorted. The BT salesman I had placed the order with had not actually created the order. Luckily they had recorded detailed notes, as I called the day after and spoke to sales again. They confirmed that the order had not been placed and then re placed it that point. Within 2 hours I had access to all my new channels. Everything is now working fine.

I would recommend giving BT sales a call directly like I did. They will be able to check your history and correct anything not activated yet.

To access a new channel you need to go through the on screen instructions. As soon as you activate one, switch off your box, then the rest should work as well. But otherwise, call them. You may wait 15 minutes to speak to someone but it may prove quicker and worth it.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings