cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Watch out for sneaky additional charges for TV

Go to solution

BT offered me a deal on TV provided I signed up for a 24 month contract.  The price looked good so I clicked on it.  In my basket was showing the monthly cost and £0 one- off charge.

I went through all of the order screens and it was only when I got to the last one where I was asked to confirm my order that up popped an activation fee!  That is really sneaky and underhand.  It was not mentioned anywhere else and was separate from a one-off charge (£0).  It looks like a one-off charge to me.

I abandoned my order.

This is the sort of underhand practice I expect from low cost airlines or when buying online tickets where a booking fee is added at the end not having been mentioned before.  Come on BT, please be up front with your charges.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Watch out for sneaky additional charges for TV

Go to solution

You're not directly talking to BT here as this is purely a customer forum where customers try to help other customers.  You'd be better off calling BT Customer Services on 0330 123 4150 who may well be able to waive any wongly applied activation fee or process your order for you without it. 

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I would suggest you also raise a complaint

https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appscomplaints/index.html#/complaint/raise

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

CS Guides should always be able to initiate that for you if they cannot provide a reasonable explanation or an acceptable solution on the call. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ha, ha!  BT don't want me to raise a complaint as I keep getting the error:

Error - There seems to be a network issue.

Please wait for few minutes and try again.

0 Ratings