cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 230

Re: Welcome to EE TV

@stretfordendgaz BT, EE and even Plusnet are all brands that are operated by the Consumer division of BT Group plc (for almost 8 years for EE). You continue to be a BT customer who will be billed by BT, and it is your decision as to whether you move over to one of the new packages offered by EE or choose to stay with BT. The complexity here is that our TV service is now sold by both BT and EE, but can only carry one of the two brands - and it has been decided that moving forward it should be called EE TV rather than BT TV.
0 Ratings
Message 62 of 230

Hi

I've got a Mini Box for multi room.  Will this be replaced with an Apple TV box?  I also read that it will be free and not £10 a month?

This is all very confusing 

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 230

Nothing will happen automatically @LondonCelt
You have the option of moving to EE TV, where you'll then have the choice of a TV Box Pro, Apple TV, or TV Box Mini as your main box. You can then have up to 2 free TV Box Minis in addition to use for multi room. You cannot have a TV Box Pro and Apple TV.
Depending on the choices you make, you may then be asked to return the equipment you have.
0 Ratings
Message 64 of 230

Are there still restrictions in place on additional boxes for multi room depending upon line speed given that you aren’t going to be charging extra for it now? We were told that we wouldn’t be able to have an extra box with our line speed, so we found our own solution so to speak.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 230

So for my understanding, existing BTTV customers will see the EE branding, but not receive any perks of EETV such as free multiroom, and then will continue to pay £10 pm unless switch to EE Broadband and TV? Also if we switch to EE do we return the BT branded kit? Also, with EETV is there the option of purchasing a 4th box (3rd mini box).

Also also, will there be EPG versions of the channels within the D+ app?

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 230

Has anyone got the Apple+ three months free, I followed the instructions got text message with pin code linked to Apple+ as per instructions and when I tried to watch it tonight it said I don't have any subscription, so I assume that it didn't work.  

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 230

I had the same problem. In the end I clicked on the link again in the text which took me to the Apple TV+ page. I then clicked on a show to see what happened and it connected, and that appeared to activate the sub. A bit strange but it seems to work.

Message 68 of 230

@Brucemeister5 wrote:

Are there still restrictions in place on additional boxes for multi room depending upon line speed given that you aren’t going to be charging extra for it now? We were told that we wouldn’t be able to have an extra box with our line speed, so we found our own solution so to speak.

For a single box: broadband must have 30Mbps minimum line speed or 50Mbps if you have a 4k subscription.

For two boxes:  40Mbps or 59Mbps with 4k.

There's no option for more boxes.

Message 69 of 230

@Rfox87 wrote:

So for my understanding, existing BTTV customers will see the EE branding, but not receive any perks of EETV such as free multiroom, and then will continue to pay £10 pm unless switch to EE Broadband and TV? Also if we switch to EE do we return the BT branded kit? Also, with EETV is there the option of purchasing a 4th box (3rd mini box).

Also also, will there be EPG versions of the channels within the D+ app?

Correct.

You may be asked to return BT kit, depending on the options you choose.

No option for a 3rd extra box.

No channel changes at this time.

Message 70 of 230

Thanks Darren. 

Have you got a link on how to do all this if you are an existing BT customer please?

Also can I stay with BT broadband but just change my TV package to EE? If so are the TV packages more expensive with EE?

Many thanks 

0 Ratings