cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 230

Re: Welcome to EE TV

Are BT  broadband customers who also have TV able to swap over to EE broadband and TV now. 

When I phoned a few weeks back I was told that I could not switch as I had BT TV.

Would like to get the 1.6 Mbps package and newer hardware.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 162 of 230

Not yet @jas20001978 - see message 157 just above
0 Ratings
Message 163 of 230

Prob another thread altogether but as EE are now allowing two multi room boxes are we likely to see the max two channels recording on ip likely to be lifted?

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 230

@scointer I just asked the delivery manager, and this isn't currently planned to change any time soon - it has been prioritised lower than other work currently ongoing.
0 Ratings
Message 165 of 230

I've chased for an update on when the issues with ordering will be fixed - we're currently in a "service protection period" for the holidays, meaning no changes can be made to live systems. This ends tomorrow, but I don't know if the fixes are ready yet.

I've been told that we can't provide any dates on this - just the assurance that it's our #1 priority, and it'll be made live as soon as we're happy that the process is reliable enough.

More information will be posted here when it's know.

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 230

@DarrenDev 

Thanks for the clarifications.

Just to mention, of course, that a YouView box in those circumstances will work like one that isn’t on BT TV, i.e. no access to watch or record the Now channels in the EPG (although they will still be temptingly displayed?)

While recording is not as necessary now as it was back in 2012, we noticed the pushback when putative Sky Glass customers found that it couldn’t really record, so this looks like BT TV giving up one of its USPs. Likewise pause and rewind live TV….

And, I would imagine, customers moving to New EE likewise lose IP channels as presented in an EPG by BT TV?  Another, for the moment at least, USP. For those diehards who haven’t switched back to broadcast TV in protest at not being able to skip ITV adverts, anyway 😛

Though at least the major catchup apps on Apple TV offer the option of live, which not all of the corresponding apps on YouView do.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 167 of 230

A YouView box connected to a BT Broadband or New EE Broadband line will pick up all the EE TV channels and be able to play them - regardless of where the box was obtained from (subject to subscription).
Message 168 of 230

@DarrenDev 

Thanks - that’s good then. And record them too, I hope?

So as long as you have a YouView box you own, you can in fact have your cake and EEt it?

I foresee a run on eBay and CeX YouView boxes 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 169 of 230

While the BT TV "app" in the menu, used to run on any of our YouView boxes connected to BT Broadband, the EE one doesn't - it just displays a message saying "We can see you are not an EE TV customer, you need a EE TV account to access EE TV....." Which does make me wonder why, if it can see you aren't a customer it clutters up the menu with the EE options...... 

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 230

Nothing has changed in that respect @SRB
If it's a BT or EE broadband line then the app will be available.
If there's a TV subscription (from BT or EE) then the app will launch. Otherwise it'll show an error.