Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

What can I do with Humax T1000 YouView?

I just turned on an old T 1000 box.

it works fine for watching linear TV.

pausing live tv works  

I know the box is no longer supported by BT /  Hunax. This one is not a BT/TalkTalk one I think, retail purchase back in the day  

but I’m still a bit surprised that even the EPG doesn’t work?  At all. 

is box safe to factory reset ? Or will that brick it ?

Versions are 12.1.50 manufacturers software , 1.3.2 component software and 332 platform configuration 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: What can I do with Humax T1000 YouView?

What Youview say

Any features that require an internet connection will no longer be accessible. This includes access to all apps and features such as Search, the Backwards Programme Guide and image thumbnails.

You will still be able to use these boxes to watch and record Freeview channels with your aerial.

https://support.youview.com/end-of-support-for-humax-t1000/

I would expect the guide  (EPG) normally to have the Freeview data as received via the aerial and loaded without any enhanced data that Youview holds.

Are you seeing nothing in your EPG - if so how are you watching linear TV thru the box >

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

There was discussion in this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/Very-old-youview-T1000-s-internet-withdrawal/m-p/2346335

which had the following feedback at the time

Devices will be issued an updated configuration that removes all network services - i.e. players, IP channels, TV Guide data, etc.
Devices will also be blocked from accessing any YouView or BT online services, so even if they don't pick up the config, they'll still be blocked from connecting.
Factory resets will still work OK, including internet recovery (which will update to the latest version). Firmware is delivered direct from Humax - this won't be blocked on the 28th, but we can't say how long Humax will continue to allow downloads.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@jm1940 

It now has the status of a non-internet PVR, and the EPG should work like the EPG on one of those, accurately telling you what programmes are on when, going forward from time now, and allowing you to set single and series recordings from any future channel timeslot.

Does yours do these things?

Are there other things you expect the EPG to still be able to do, like choosing past programmes to watch via the broadcasters’ apps? But this, and other tasks that it relied on YouView’s servers for, it can no longer do. And the apps don’t even work stand-alone any more.

It does appear that Factory Reset is still possible. But what would you hope to gain from such a reset? As long as the box is doing what a no-longer-smart YouView box should be capable of, there is nothing to gain; and even if it isn’t, there’s nothing at the YouView end any more to fix what the box can’t do for itself. 

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@jm1940 

The software on your T1000 isn't the latest version. The latest and last version of the software is 3.3.168; 29.107.0; 4150. I would be tempted, but I'm not sure that it's worth trying an update.

Our T1000 is in daily use as a reliable Freeview pvr. The epg works as it should. The backwards stuff is still there. It doesn't work, of course, but I rarely used it when it did. The MyTV listings are devoid of the thumbnail pictures, but I see that as an advantage because the text is easier to read.

Long may it continue to do its job!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for all answers. 

I found that I had a second You view T1000 which works with EPG as I’d expected.  That box has much newer software versions. The UI is completely different between the 2 boxes. I vaguely recall a big UI overhaul around 2015 or so ? Seems one if my boxes never took the new UI release  

Are you seeing nothing in your EPG - if so how are you watching linear TV thru the box”

EPG was blank, but when changing channel the channel name was shown. 

Firmware is delivered direct from Humax - this won't be blocked on the 28th, but we can't say how long Humax will continue to allow downloads.”

the box with older software says it can’t find any newer software. I presume that’s due to age if it’s current release, maybe has too ancient update URL

The box with newer software is usable as per ecxpectations given retirement of “Internet based services”. Question Time successfully recorded last night. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@jm1940 

Where has the box been since 2015? (Actually 2016, I think). But when people were trying all sorts of things to stop their boxes updating from the text UI to the graphical one. Maybe you blocked some YouView IP addresses, which IIRC was the only effective step, and never unblocked them?

Or does your box have the graphical UI, just an older version?

If you have had it working, but blocked, or you used the other ‘blocking’ technique of putting it back in its box and putting it in the loft, as I did, then it will likely have missed the config changes, but be running into the belt-and-braces block on boxes that missed that. So it won’t update now.

I know that YouView did ask users with trials configurations to be sure to connect those boxes to the internet at the end of last year so they could be set back to standard, and if you didn’t do this, they would be stuck on the trials release they had for ever; is your release by chance a non-standard one?

But even though it is on old software, I don’t know why that would stop the EPG working, unless there have been technical changes to how the EPG is formatted and delivered, which were covered in a YouView software release that was never applied to your box?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

you used the other ‘blocking’ technique of putting it back in its box and putting it in the loft, as I did, then it will likely have missed the config changes, but be running into the belt-and-braces block on

it will be that !

I actually had 3 T1000s, one doesn’t boot ant all. Think it’s a PSU issue so I threw it away yesterday.

btw, tried again today with old UI box, and EPG info was there. This time I didn’t connect Ethernet. Maybe corner case in the STB software  

So ive now got 2 working T1000s, one with old UI and one with newest UI.