cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

What option delivers PVR that can record Now TV?

Since it seems BT can't be bothered offering a talk to sales option via text, I guess I have to ask the community 😕

I already have broadband

I have a 10 year old Humax Freesat PVR

I subscribe to Now TV

I am considering getting a new PVR

I have been told that with YouView and a subscription to Now TV I would be able to record from the service

Is this accurate?

Thank you

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: What option delivers PVR that can record Now TV?

You would need BT broadband and add a BT TV package ( eg Entertainment, Big Entertainment, Big Sport , VIP etc] ) whereupon BT would loan you a BT TV (Youview) box on which you would then be able to record those Now channels included in your BT TV package subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

@zulu17 

thank you.

can you clarify for me how the Sky content is received? Is it all via broadband?

the freeview channels are no good to us as area has very poor reception so i want to be clear on what is broadcast vs what comes from the internet 

thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

All broadcast channels need an aerial connection, which is also needed to setup the BT box.

Sky Now and BT channels use the broadband connection which has to be BT broadband. Catchup also uses broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@derekscarborough 

Thanks for the info

That's a shame as I cannot have an ariel in our property, only the satellite dish

Oh well, my hunt continues to have some way of recording Now TV without needing to sign up to Sky ...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

I'm not sure but I think you can use an indoor portable aerial for the initial setup.

It is rumoured that this may change and all broadcast channels will come by broadband, but no date has been set for the launch.

Sky channels are listed in the programme guide and can be recorded.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

All of the players on the BT box(i.e BBC ilplayer, ITV Hub, All 4 etc allow you to view live TV channels over broadband, there is a bit of a lag compared to Freeview and you can't record but if you can't get Freeview then you might want to check them out.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@derekscarborough  @zulu17 

So, if I buy the BT YouViewbox from amazon, can I then use my existing Now TV subscription, and record on the box, which means I can still use Now TV on my second TV via the app?

The link on Amazon says a wired internet connection is required, but nothing about ariel

• NOTE: Requires internet access to setup. WiFi NOT supported, Network Cable is included for connection to a router.

**Edited**

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

You say you can't record? But that's exactly what I am looking to achieve for the now tv sports schedule
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

I was referring to the Freeview channels.

In message 3 you said "the freeview channels are no good to us as area has very poor reception", I was just suggesting an option to help you view them

0 Ratings