cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 60

Re: When will BTTV include Apple TV?

I’ve just updated our Pro tv box to software version 4.1.108  -  0.9.58 and the Apple + tv app has appeared on it. The new turquoise coloured light is now on the front of the box, but everything still says BTTV rather than EETV. The only other difference that I’ve noticed is that ITVX app is now called that rather than just ITV, but it still doesn’t have the live channels on it. Maybe there will be more changes overnight.

Message 12 of 60

Not the only thing that was put live today ... surprised to not see other comments on these forums already. 😀
Due to the way all the different components are delivered to YouView boxes, they'll all appear at different points over the next few days - unless you're one of these people who frequently checks for updates.
You'll see more changes tomorrow morning.
Message 13 of 60

Ok, I’ve just updated the iOS app from BTTV to EETV if that’s what you meant.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 60

@Brucemeister5 - can you update your apps?

I now get 'We can't update your Apps. Please try again later or visit bt.com/tverrors for help'.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 60

I updated the app on Apple TV. Can only watch discovery and tnt sports channels on it though. Is that correct?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 60

I got a EE purple light.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 60

@Puma937  I forced a software update and the Apple TV+ app appeared as a result of that. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 60

The full EE TV on Apple TV experience (i.e. with all the IP channels) will only be available on Apple TV devices issued as part of the new EE TV subscriptions. Existing devices will receive the updated app, but will be limited to the same channels as before (this is a contractual requirement from the channels). The new app does include the option to purchase content though (where it previously used to tell you to buy on web or on your TV box).

I believe the Apple TV+ app will only be made available on the Pro and Mini boxes (but need to check). It's there if you check for software updates (not app updates).

Message 19 of 60

@Brucemeister5wrote:

…The only other difference that I’ve noticed is that ITVX app is now called that rather than just ITV, but it still doesn’t have the live channels on it.

In case you hadn’t seen, ITV have culled a number of their streaming channels, going from 20 down to 12.

ITVX drops third of exclusive streaming channels 

“Love Island International” is a personal favourite I will really miss.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 60

That’s crazy about existing Apple TVs. I own 3 already so would have been good. Can’t see there being much point if you can’t use your own