cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

WiFi TV Box

Any updates on when we will be able to order a Wi-Fi capable additional TV Box to go in another room?

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: WiFi TV Box

Not yet.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 7

Any indications as to when?

When I was looking around for deals on broadband, phone and TV I got in touch with BT (about 3 months ago) and they said WiFi secondary TV boxes were imminent along with TV over IP

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

No.

It doesn't feel like it will be too much longer according to responses in other threads, but no confirmed timescales. 

I suspect BT Marketing will want to link the launch of any new hardware or channels to an event where you could sell the benefit more easily, something like the start of the new football season or the World Cup.

"More choice, more ways to watch", that kind of thing. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 7

Yes that DOES make sense for sure!

Hopefully won't be much longer to wait.

Message 6 of 7

Hello

The standard 1080p multiroom box is so slow. 

I bought a refurbished BTTV pro box from CEX. Works a charm and better than any new multiroom box thanks to being able to record. Don’t know why BT don’t offer them for sale.

Nice.

Message 7 of 7

Given how poor the connectivity chips and SW stack have been from origin to date it's going to take aaaages before anything working decently over WiFi comes out. It will probably have to be glued to the Hub to work anyway 🤣🤣

0 Ratings