cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 69

Wrong itv region

Go to solution

I am new to BTTV I have managed to change my bbc region to Look North (Yorkshire) but I cannot change my itv region to itv Yorkshire (Calendar North).

When I update the channels it asks me to choose a region

1) Yorkshire 2) North East 3) East Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire 4) East Midlands

if I choose 1 and 2 I get itv Granada, if I choose 3 I get itv Yorkshire  (Calendar South)  4 I get itv Central

I need itv Yorkshire (Calendar North) I have tried over and over updating the channels but I cannot get rid of Granada.

Anyone know how I can get the right itv region.

0 Ratings
68 REPLIES 68
Message 2 of 69

Re: Wrong itv region

Go to solution

If your using IP mode it should update itself. Check the BT TV Pro settings and check for updates.

Message 3 of 69

Go to solution

@ntc48 

Are you having this issue with internet delivered channels, or are you using an aerial?

If the latter, which transmitter is your aerial pointing at?

Message 4 of 69

Go to solution

When I went live on Tuesday I had BBC London and itv London, since Thursday the box updated and I now have BBC Yorkshire and itv Granada, I am using the internet version not an aerial>

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 69

Go to solution

From past memory reading these forums, it seems likely it is a configuration issue.

Hopefully one of the mods will come across this and help @DarrenDev 

Message 6 of 69

Go to solution
The YouView platform splits the UK into ~50 TV regions, each giving different combinations of local channels. These cover the most common combinations, however obviously a TV aerial can pick up signals from any number of transmitters and provide you with a view that combines different regions together. It's possible that your combination of channels doesn't exist in IP mode.

Could I ask you to please take a look at https://www.player.bt.com/#/livetv/schedule

You can use the Settings link at the top of the screen to change your TV region. From the regions shown there, can you find one that offers the combination you're after? If so, then it may be possible to offer that as an option to your TV box.
Message 7 of 69

Go to solution

itv calendar.JPG

I clicked on the link and changed the region to South Yorkshire, as you can see in the image itv News Calendar is showing on here but still not on the tv do I need to wait overnight to update?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 69

Go to solution
Sorry, I wasn't clear - changing it there only changes it for the TV guide you see in your web browser.
So now you've changed it to south yorkshire, could you please check https://www.player.bt.com/#/livetv/schedule and confirm that it shows the channels/programmes you would expect to see?

If so, please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your BT account number, and I'll see what options we have for correcting your TV region.
Message 9 of 69

Go to solution

email sent.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 69

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  Can you confirm that my email has been received by you.

Thanks

0 Ratings