cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Wrong region on BT/EE TV box

Hi,

I've recently set up my TV box (network, not aerial) and it's defaulted to London as a region for BBC etc. I can see London is selected as the region via the BT TV app but it's read only.

I think I read elsewhere that this should change automatically with 24 hours (?) but I originally set it up several days ago and still no change.

Please can someone advise how to set this back to my region (Yorkshire) for all applicable channels?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Wrong region on BT/EE TV box

Hi @Wilsioni 

As you mention London is the default but Youview use your IP address  to determine which region you should have. That check is typically done one a day (hence the reason that it normally updates within 24 hours after you connect your box).  As yours hasn't it is probably an issue with the IP address data records that Youview have.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks @zulu17 for your response. Do you happen to know the procedure for getting this updated if it still persists?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@Wilsioni Personally I would wait and see if you get any further replies here from TV experts tomorrow. I will move thread to the main Youview BT  board where it should have higher visibility

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Wilsioni  - I will look into this and come back to you.

Thanks
Gavin

Message 6 of 10

Thanks @gavinlambourne, let me know if you need any further info.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@gavinlambourne I don't know if you've had chance to have a look at my issue but I have noted that when I lookup my location using my IP via various internet services that I do sometimes receive London as a location, and today Belfast! 

Some services are correctly identifying my Yorkshire location but I do wonder whether the IP lookup is returning London as I have noticed on the internet services I've used.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @Wilsioni  - I see you still have this issue.

I have chased the team responsible and will let you know when it's fixed.

Message 9 of 10

@gavinlambourne thank you and just to confirm the issue isn't fixed as of today still.

If you've got the ear of any one who works on the system then the ability for us to change/override this manually would be great - I'd guess there are various scenarios and use cases where people might want to do that anyway e.g. who live on borders of counties.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Wilsioni  - apologies for the ongoing issue. I have sent you a private message with some information I hope you will find helpful.

Thanks
Gavin

0 Ratings