cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Wrong regions on new EE TV account

So your TV Box Pro shows 3 regions to choose from too?  Our data shows that it's only offered South and South East, and you've selected South.  Are you saying it also displays the wrong option in positions 1-5 and 101-105?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

@DarrenDev 

This is the Box Pro Factory Reset with no aerial connected - my bad for not making that clearer 😢

I think you are talking about the setup when tuned via Aerial - which was fine, South and South East. Have a look and see if you have any later stats from the IP Mode retune I did at about 2pm today.

I’ve just retuned my T4000 (don’t want to wake the sleeper in the room with the Box Pro) and that has offered me South and South East.

I suppose the next thing I should add to your pile of woes here is that IP Mode doesn’t offer me South East at all, which looks like something the broadcasters have got wrong.

The T4000 also suggests that the alternatives will appear at 801 upwards, and they don’t; the EPG stops at 733.

However, I think the T4000 is bluffing, because even when I choose South East, the BBC regional news programme at 6:30pm still shows South Today, and not the South East Today programme that the South East region actually offers.

South East is actually miles away from Dorchester, and there isn’t a sniff of any of its transmitters on the Freeview display for where we live.

So perhaps the mystery is not why I’m not offered that in IP Mode, but rather why I’m offered it in Aerial Mode (at least on my T4000, which only has aerial mode; the Box Pro remains to be checked when I put it back into Aerial Mode and watch that seemingly unskippable intro video for the third time)

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

@Midnight_Voice 

On the T4000 to stop the intro video playing during a reset, disconnect the Ethernet cable as soon as you have agreed to the terms and conditions.  The intro video is longer than the retune so unplugging the Ethernet cable until at least the next wizard screen is displayed speeds up the reset process. 

Message 14 of 15

@Lսkе I wish I'd thought to try that before - in my many years of working on BT TV / EE TV, I've had to watch that intro video hundreds of times. 🤦🏼

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

@DarrenDev @Lսkе 

And now it has WiFi - it’s almost worth starting off on Ethernet, and only going over to WiFi after setup has finished 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings