cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

You view and Prime issues

Hi there,

I have a you view box, about 5ish years old and within the last year watching prime video via the app is impossible as it's slow when searching, and after a few minutes throws you out to the main app menu. Tried factory reset and even a BT tech came around to change the box. He told me that this is a common problem with the older boxes, however he swapped my box for the same model, which suprise suprise has the same issue. The pro version of the box doesn't have this issue, but they will not upgrade my box to fix the fault!

Very disappointed with BT, even though I work for them.

Any ideas of a fix or how to get a box upgrade?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: You view and Prime issues

@Coline1 

Recontract.

Or kept getting the old box (what model, by the way?) replaced until either you get one that works, or BT decide that lending you a Pro box instead will be cheaper for them 😛

How 5-year ish, by the way?  The magic date is 13 December 2019; if you got the box before that date it was yours to keep, but if supplied on or after that date it remains BT’s property.

Though BT may regard any replacement as theirs, not yours; TalkTalk certainly did this.

So the net result of your box swap may be that you have actually gone backwards, from a box you owned to one you don’t 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The engineers attending  to fix a problem via the fault  reporting  route may replace a box but normally  only with a similar  model. Provision of a new box  (ie latest model) would normally  be by request  via the sales/order/recontact route and require a new minimum  term (typically  24 months) for the TV contract  and your broadband recontracted  for same period. Additional activation and a delivery  charge may also apply.  Actual charge/deal will be down what you get offered and what you are able to negotiate. 

You could also consider  moving from BT to EE  for broadband and TV as deals/ offers  differ.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I've sent you a message internally @Coline1 - as an employee, you need to follow internal processes.
0 Ratings