cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Freeview Channel 75

Go to solution

When I first installed my new hub and TV box a couple of months ago  the TV channel "That's 60's" was shown on Freeview channel 75.  When choosing that via the guide it said all the "That's ...." channels were now being served via the internet on, (I think)  Freeview 265 or thereabouts. Choosing that allowed me to see the various channels.

Since then I'm guessing there have been one or more software updates on the TV box (the display has certainly changed significantly) and despite the fact that Freeview 75 still appears in the guide as That's 60s, choosing it just shows the channel logo and nothing else.  I can also no longer find the internet channels.

I have also tried bypassing the EE box and using the TV with external aerial but with the same result.

So, does Freeview 75 exist? I know it works on Freesat 'cos I'm watching it right now! If so why I can't I see it via my EE box.  By the way, I'm using the Sudbury transmitter.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Freeview Channel 75

Go to solution

The Pro Box doesn't have the decoding (MHEG?) to play Internet channels.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

That's 60's timeshares with That's Dance and That's TV 2 on Com 5, and broadcasts between Midnight and 3am:

Freeview timeshares (xhxf.uk)

As I understand it the channel streams out of those hours on channel 75, but, and this is the problem, the Youview boxes won't recognize the streaming content. In fact it's very hit and miss on a lot of TV's, some connect, many don't. It does seem a bit of a shambles in all.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the interest. My first step is obviously to set my box to record Channel 75 between 4.00am and 6.00am and see what I get! Or have I misread the information on that Timeshare link? I can see Let's Dance on COM5 at 3.00am but That's 60's seems to be on COM6 at 4.00am? Or am I missing something here?

What I don't understand is why the EE box was happy to point me in the direction of the internet streaming channels when I first started searching but now it doesn't. To compound that, if I bypass the box and use the TV aerial direct into the TV, it still doesn't show me anything.

Based on your answer about timeshare I'm guessing it's changes being made by the channel owners rather than BT or EE. Probably all about money!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

No you didn't misread, that was my mistake, (it's been a while since I've used Freeview). So That's 60s is available between 4am and 6am on Com 6, not Com 5 at all. If you were to record I'd be careful and set the timer after 4am by a minute or 2 to make sure the recording doesn't fail. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks again. Unfortunately as far as I can tell the EE box doesn't allow me to choose start and finish times of a recording. Using the on-screen guide I can choose the programme I want to record but I have to accept what it has built in as the start time. I know with my previous Virgin Media setup I could add or subtract minutes for recording but that was a global fix. If I said start 3 minutes earlier than the advertised time that applied to everything I wanted to record.

Looks like I will have to download the user manual for the EE box and start reading (always assuming there is such  a thing available on line?).

I've just been looking at the That's TV website http://www.thats.tv/ and That's 60's doesn't even appear on it. Makes me wonder if it's eventually going to leave Freeview and put it all Freesat.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Well the recordings worked! I've also learnt a lot more about Freeview and it's limitations, particularly the fact that broadcasters use shared channels.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings