cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 35

Re: Youtube on pro box

Go to solution
OK, a feedback group would explain why you don't have it yet. If you're not knowingly part of any active trials, there shouldn't be any reason for you to be in a feedback group.
I'll ask for your box to be removed from the group tomorrow, at which point you should be offered the update.
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

@DarrenDev My box is also saying its in a feedback group, I haven't been in any groups for a long time. So not sure where its picked it up from. Many thanks for your anticipated help.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

Youview did have their own (Myview)  research community that i believe was/is seperate from BT/EE own trials eg

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/YouView-wants-your-view-Join-their-research-community-toda...

So a seperate deployment schedule for  those participants to the main  rollout is not unusual. (believe there were similar delay in the November 2023 rollout  for Youview test groups)

Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

@nickmorc your email address is only associated with a closed account. Can you please email me at tv.apps@ee.co.uk with your account number.

Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

There are 2 types of feedback group on the TV Box Pro, and TV Box Mini.

One is applied at the account level by EE, and applies to all boxes on the account.  If the box is factory reset, the group will be applied again.  These groups are  actively managed, and we make sure they get all the relevant software updates at the right time.

The other is feedback groups applied by YouView.  They're applied specifically to a box, and reset back to default if the box is factory reset.  YouView have confirmed that they've now updated the software for this group, so boxes should update overnight tonight (or now, if you check for updates).  They've apologised for the delay in updating, due to a recent change in staff.  If you'd like to leave the group, you can factory reset (keep recordings) to clear it.

Note: there are only a tiny number of YouView feedback groups, accounting for fewer than 0.1% of boxes.  Thanks for raising this @Clinton11 as you may have been stuck without for a while, and I doubt we would have noticed.

Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

My box has updated this afternoon, thank you for your help 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Has the you tube rollout been completed, as the app hasn't appeared on my probox as of this morning?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution
Not yet. Still waiting final approval from Google. I'll update here when we have it.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

@Shyboy it seems that Google haven't approved it yet as it is not on mines either.

As soon as they get round to it, it will show up on your app list. 

You can continue to cast to your youview box with your phone though in the meantime. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

I’ve just forced a software update onto our box and we now have the YouTube app and the additional Eurosport channels for the Olympics.

0 Ratings