cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Youview/Freeview listing problem

I've got a BT G4 box on which I'm having problems with the EPG. The EPG, when I use the guide button is showing the correct programs, but if I press the info button when watching, it shows the wrong program. If I press record, it says it's recording the (wrong) program listed in the info, not what is the program currently on the TV. This means that the recording doesn't work properly as the finish time is different to the program actually on the TV, or it just shows as a failed recording.

I assume it's a problem with the EPG sent from Freeview/Youview, so I've tried restarting the box, both with the aerial connected and disconnected, and also done several channel re-scans, but nothing seems to correct it. Just wondering if anyone else has been having these problems?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview/Freeview listing problem

@adam3000 

I’ve just tried your recipe on my G4. I’m not sure if you mean pressing Info while in the Guide or while watching the programme, but in both cases, I get the correct Info shown.

BBC 2, tried both 2 SD and 102 HD, also tried Blaze on 64, as the higher channels can be iffier than the big 5, but everything is in agreement there too.

Your theory, that it’s a Freeview EPG problem, would be provoking rather more response than your solitary posting if it were a general problem; so my working hypothesis is that it’s an issue with your G4 rather than with anything more general.

Try a Maintenance Mode Option 2 reset, and see if this straightens it out or not:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

If it runs OK, but doesn’t fix anything, then try an Option 4 reset, which it a bit more thoroughgoing.

Both these options will preserve all your recordings, so that’s good, but if still no better, your only remaining option, unless anyone else has any ideas, is an Option 5/ Factory Reset, which will do the most drastic reset possible, but this will include wiping all your recordings and settings.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, I'll give your suggestions a go and report back!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sound advice from Midnight.

Is the Info (programme) detail that is incorrectly displayed for a programme that appears in the guide for earlier in the day ?

When you change channel I believe you get a short display of the (on now) programme appear (posdsibly with a time line on the G4) . Is that for the correct programme  ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The option 2 reset seems to have worked, hopefully it'll stay fixed. Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Ratings