cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 11

Youview box

My Youview box is not powering up. There are no lights ( red, blue or otherwise) and no obvious supply problem.

Has anyone had this problem? What is the solution?

If not is it it fried and all my recordings with it?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11

Re: Resetting Youview Box Pro

I cannot see the information on how to reset the box without losing recordings.

My box is showing no light so not sure if it is goosed or just not starting up.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: Youview box

Listen to it very carefully in a quiet room from power up, if you can hear a repeated 'ticking' like noise or a repeated whir then the boot sector of the hard drive has failed and, unless you have good technical skills, you will have lost your recordings.

Message 4 of 11

@ClarkeJamesA Thanks for posting, resetting through the menu on the box will delete the recordings however by using the buttons on the box you should be able to keep your recordings

1. Switch power off by removing the power cable
  2. Press and hold the reset button on the right-hand side of the box
  3. Plug the power cable back in whilst still holding the reset button – continue to hold the reset button down, do not release it yet
  4. Within three seconds press and hold the power button on the front of the box and hold both buttons
  5. Release both buttons a few seconds after the BT logo appears on the TV screen

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi

My model is quite old. Model number is DTR-2100

In the last 2 months I have twice found the box in red light mode. It would not start from the control so I had to manually power off using switch at the back. Today it would not restart - no noises just no lights.

It has now powered up after I got it out of the bin!

How can I perform a maintenance scan or troubleshoot as I think this is an intermittent fault?

Rgds

James

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @ClarkeJamesA 

see

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

Select the relevent box -image and the instructions for that box are displayed ..

eg

1. Switch the box off and then back on again. A red light should appear on the front panel.
  2. Press and hold the down arrow button on top of your box for five seconds until you see 'Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N' at the bottom of the screen. When you see this, press the standby/power button.
  3. After a few seconds you'll see the 'Maintenance Mode' menu. Choose and select Factory reset, keep recordings using the arrow buttons. This option will allow you to keep your recordings, scheduled recordings and any personal settings you've made to favourites and playlists. 
Message 7 of 11

This did’t work for me, I selected this option this morning and it erased all my recordings I am 😡 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

We had the same problem. Not sure if it wasn't the transformer but had no way of checking. Contacted BT who sent me a new box plus bag with prepaid label to return old box and transformer. Used box new one came in to send old one back. Obviously lost all recordings.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@Tonbridge37 

You could have tried the old box with the power adaptor from the new box BT sent you 😢

Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Maybe, but decided new box with no problems too tempting. Other one had driven me mad.

0 Ratings