cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Youview tv box

Hi my elderly mother has the Bt youview tv box, she's had it for a while now (my father had it for football). It was working ok at the end of last season but it's now saying it's not connected to the broadband. It's connected by an Ethernet cable. Any ideas why it's saying its not connected and any ideas how to fix it. Thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Youview tv box

@LeeT2024 

Does she still have broadband - and are other things working on it?

Does the Ethernet cable run all the way back to her router, and is it securely plugged into it?

if so, then first power cycle the router - switch it off, wait two minutes, switch it on again. (Even if everything else is working - I’ve had a router decide that one particular device shouldn’t work).

When the router is stable again, press the On/Standby button on the YouView box for just over 8 seconds, and let the box soft reboot. It won’t lose any settings or recordings, but it will refresh the software in the box from a backup copy it holds.

This should cure it, but if not, can you isolate the issue, by getting a laptop, turning off its WiFi, plugging the Ethernet cable into the laptop, and seeing if you can browse the web?

If you can, the box is the problem; come back for more advice. If not, the Ethernet cable or the router is the problem; one for BT to address

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

No it's the really small mini box 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for confirming that @LeeT2024.

Welcome to the BT Community forums too!

Is the box your mother is using one that can take an aerial, or is this one of the ones that receives its channels purely over the internet?

If you have an image please feel free to pop one up.

Also have you had a chance to try the steps that @Midnight_Voice mentioned earlier in this thread? 😊

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

she's had it for a while now (my father had it for football)” and “it’s the really small mini box”

Could be the Z4 box?

IMG_6369.png

Message 7 of 9

Yes it's that box 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for confirming that @LeeT2024.

Is it just the online features that aren't working, or are you unable to get any channels full stop?

Have you tried fully restarting your router, followed by the box itself as recommended too?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

It's saying its not connected to the broadband, so no channels. I've restarted both the box and hub, but it keeps saying the same thing 

0 Ratings