cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Zoom not reverting to normal

Hi there, for reasons unknown, my box keeps setting itself to zoom and I have no idea what this is but I may be hitting the zoom button accidentally.  
thing is, I’ve tried hitting the zoom button again until it returns to normal and it simply doesn’t work.

I don’t want it on zoom, I’d prefer to deactivate the thing but I’ve even tried rebooting the box and it stays on.  Eventually I can get it revert but I have no idea how I have managed that as simply pressing zoom again is not working.

thanks for any advice. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Zoom not reverting to normal

Are you certain it's the box & not the TV? Reason I ask is I had this a while back with the screen so zoomed I couldn't do anything. After a lot of messing with the Pro Box & remote I finally realised it was in fact my Samsung TV that had gone into a zoom view. I ended up pulling the power on the TV & everything returned to normal.

I've absolutely no idea what triggered this but it's happened a couple of times since, & each time power cycling the TV has resolved it. The weird thing is I use a Harmony remote to control everything & that doesn't even have an active button for zoom on either device!

Message 3 of 10

Hi there. Thanks for your reply- really appreciated…. yes, it’s definitely the BT box as it’s the TV guide that goes into zoom first, then the picture.  
just trying to avoid buying a new box really if it’s a simple fix.  But we’ll done for finding your issue out! It’s a small thing but drives us mad doesn’t it! 
Thank you again. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@LiottaRwrote:

just trying to avoid buying a new box really if it’s a simple fix.  But we’ll done for finding your issue out! It’s a small thing but drives us mad doesn’t it! 

If the box us proven to be faulty, then it will/should be replaced by BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @LiottaR 

I believe Youview (BT TV ) zoom mode  only works when you have the menus on screen. It doesn’t work on your live TV picture. So if you are seeing zoom on the guide and also on the picture then itis probably not the Youview/BT TV zoom function that is root cause.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

As @zulu17 says, the zoom function should only work on the guide. Have you tried another source or even the TV's own tuner?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thank you. Might be time. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Oh ok, thank you. Not sure why the TV would do that though as I don’t use the TV remote. All very odd. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Yes, might be time. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Sorry replied to the wrong message…

No I’ll try that when I get home and see what happens. Thank you. 

0 Ratings