cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Pro Box Lip Sync Issue

Go to solution

About 6-8 weeks I upgraded from the UHD box to the Pro box and started noticing some lip sync issues with the new box on some of the channels.

My box is plugged into the TV via HDMI and the TV into a 5.1 sound system via HDMI (arc), also plugged into the TV is a android media player and several game consoles via HDMI.  I have no problems with the android media player or the apps on the TV - just this box.

It appears the problem might just be when the sound is sent to the 5.1 sound system and not through the TV speakers but this doesn't happen all of the time and doesn't happen on just certain channels.

The engineer came out today, had one look and said there's nothing he could do - he said the 5.1 sound system might not be compatible with the new box.

The 5.1 sound system is about 10 years old now but I have never had trouble with it before and didn't with the old box, it plays all the popular audio types except Dolby Atmos - could this be the issue?

Has anyone else had this problem? I did a search and seen similar issues but didn't see a resolution.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Pro Box Lip Sync Issue

Go to solution

Just had this issue happen again and changed the video resolution from 4k to 1080p and there was no more issues.

Does the pro box struggle at 4k resolution with video and audio when connected to a 5.1 system?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Pro Box Lip Sync Issue

Go to solution

I'll just reply back to myself 😂

So the Pro box is going back as I have the 4k box now (even that was a disaster with BT sending out a remote control and then a normal HD box) and that works without an issue. 

Pro box outputs as Dolby Digital (plus) and the 4k box as LPCM. 

0 Ratings