cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

changing source from hdmi to tv.

Go to solution

With my old 2012 Youview box I could press the source button on the tv remote and swap back from HDMI to tv. With my newer Youview box if I select tv from the source button there are no channels and none will load.  I wonder if there is a reason for this.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: changing source from hdmi to tv.

Go to solution

@Lizzie 

Are you running the new box with a terrestrial aerial, or in IP mode?

Is there an aerial plugged into the TV, either direct from the wall socket, or via Loopthrough on the YouView box and a second aerial cable from box to TV?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

I believe it's a terrestrial aerial, plugged from the wall in to the Youview box with no second aerial. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

@Lizzie 

Then your TV, with no aerial input, is getting no broadcast channels, and so naturally can’t show you anything, except when you select the input with the HDMI cable from the YouView box, or perhaps any other HDMI input with a device attached, such as a DVD/BluRay Player.

Get a male to female (or male to male with an included female adaptor, which is how Curry’s sell them) and connect it from the Aerial Out on the YouView box to the Aerial In on the TV. Then, you can tune the TV channels on the TV.

This arrangement needs the YouView box to be on or in Standby; and you need to set Aerial Loopthrough in Settings to On, so the YouView box always passes the TV signal, even in Deep Standby.

Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Thank you. I will have a go.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I can't find aerial loopthrough in Settings unfortunately.  I will look for a cable.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

@Lizzie 

They seem to have changed this - it’s now Antenna Out in Picture & Sound, and this should be set to On.

Probably a change for the better not to need a separate setting now.

Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Hi,  not making much progress yet. Is this a flat ended cable or a round end. 

The TV is over 12 years old, might this make a difference? I am way out of my depth🙄.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@Lizzie 

It’s one of these:-

rhinocables Aerial Coaxial Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors, Male to Male RF Coax Lead with Female Adapter Coupler

Choose the length you need, to go from the Aerial (Antenna) Out socket on the YouView box (next to the Aerial In where the aerial cable from the wall socket goes into the YouView box), to the aerial input on the TV.

You will need to use the supplied female coupler to make the cable fit the YouView end.

Basically, it just extends the aerial cable going into the YouView box so it goes onward to the TV as well.

Some people call it a coaxial cable, though I prefer to say aerial cable.

You must have had some similar arrangement previously on your old setup, to get an aerial cable to the TV; though that might have been via a little triangular splitter, which is not such a good way of doing it.

Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

That can be the better way of doing it if you are in the habit of putting the Youview box into deep sleep mode while wanting to watch the TV directly as aerial pass through does not work when in deep sleep mode.

0 Ratings