cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

3 attempts with staff help, still no email

I have had 3 attempts at getting my husbands email unlocked and each time, after lengthy help from staff have been told problem will be escalated and someone will contact me. I have yet to hear from anyone ! As my contract with bt ends in November I've started looking for another provider. Up until this problem I've been totally satisfied with the service. and consequently have been with bt for many years! This has been going on since July!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: 3 attempts with staff help, still no email

Good morning @lizbos.

Welcome back to the Community, and I'm concerned to hear you've not had any updates on this. 

When did you last speak with our team and get told this was escalated?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi Peter

I had email from becomes on 7the August saying they had closed my case!

Liz

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for confirming that for me, @lizbos.

Had you seen anything at all highlighting that someone had been trying to get in touch? 

Usually we would only close your complaint in the case of multiple failed contact attempts.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

No I haven't and was surprised it was closed . At the time I was so fed up with the problem I didn't do anything bit given I spend over £90 a month with BT feel it should be dealt with!

Liz

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Also as I have been taken through the process of unlocking the email and being told it had probably been disconnected from my account I expected btcomms to reconnect and notify me. I see no point in continually spending hours on jumping through hoops that bring the same failed result. Sorry I don't  mean to rant but it's  so frustrating.

Liz

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I really do get where you're coming from @lizbos.

We don't have access to accounts via this public forum to check this directly, but I definitely feel your complaint needs to be reopened and fully investigated, as this is far from the experience we'd expect. 

If you check out our complaints code of practice, this gives you all the details you need on our complaints process, along with the address and email address for highlighting this directly with our dedicated complaints team. 
They'll be able to reopen this, review all the details of your case, and make sure we've done everything we can here.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@lizbos 

Given that you have been treated poorly by all the BT staff that you have had dealings with I would suggest that you contact the BT CEO, you will find her email address with a simple Internet search, and explain the very poor service you have had regarding your complaint.

Obviously your email will not go directly to the CEO but it will get to the Executive Team who hopefully will take on board your complaint, direct it to the relevant team, which should have been done by all those you have already communicated with, and get the problem resolved to your satisfaction. 

Message 9 of 10

Thank you Peter I will contact the complaints team and if they can't sort this out I'll  take distinguished guy's advice.

Liz

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi

Thank you, I'll  give complaints team a chance to sort this out first, then contact CEO if they don't.

Liz

0 Ratings